NanoPi Neo3 - package conflict between armbian-firmware 21.02.2 and firmware-misc-nonfree_20190114-2_all.deb

Armbianmonitor:

I got the following error message when I try to install firmware-misc-nonfree_20190114-2_all.deb from the upstream debian repository.

Get:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster/non-free arm64 firmware-misc-nonfree all 20190114-2 [3,338 kB]
Fetched 3,338 kB in 1s (4,022 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package firmware-misc-nonfree.
(Reading database ... 77206 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../firmware-misc-nonfree_20190114-2_all.deb ...
Unpacking firmware-misc-nonfree (20190114-2) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/firmware-misc-nonfree_20190114-2_all.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/lib/firmware/dvb-fe-xc5000-1.6.114.fw', which is also in package armbian-firmware 21.02.2
d

So it seems, there is the same firmware package in different packages...but idea, because  armbian-firmware 21.02.2 miss the mt7* firmware, which is required to use the wifi expansion module of the nanopi neo3.

So, I think the pakcage mantainer should resolve this issue.

Edited by Marsupilani
specify the board
  • Marsupilani changed the title to NanoPi Neo3 - package conflict between armbian-firmware 21.02.2 and firmware-misc-nonfree_20190114-2_all.deb
Armbian is a community driven open source project. Do you like to contribute your code?