Update BananaPi from v5.00 to v.5.16 (linux-wheezy-root-bananapi not installed)

sgei

Hi,

I updated my image for BananPi from v5.00 (Wheezy) to the latest one (v5.16).

Everything works fine, but if I run "apt-get upgrade" I get the message that the package "linux-whezzy-root-bananapi" is reserved (will not be installed).

hardware-info says 6 packages to update, but I can't...

Is this correct? Do I need this package to be on the latest version? What to do?

Thanks.

Steffen

post-233-0-62846500-1470243555_thumb.png

Can anyone provide some valid instructions on how to DISable semi-auto-updates on armbian? I deleted /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/02* and 50* files and disabled in /etc/cron.daily/apt but still appeares the message for updates. I need to "conserve" my system (orange pi one) completely. Is there a posibility to disable updates forever? (I understand security risks)

I updated my image for BananPi from v5.00 (Wheezy) to the latest one (v5.16).

Everything works fine, but if I run "apt-get upgrade" I get the message that the package "linux-whezzy-root-bananapi" is reserved (will not be installed).

It should be safe to not update this package, otherwise it probably doesn't update because of changed dependencies, and "apt-get dist-upgrade" is required to update it (if it's possible for Wheezy)

Can anyone provide some valid instructions on how to DISable semi-auto-updates on armbian? I deleted /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/02* and 50* files and disabled in /etc/cron.daily/apt but still appeares the message for updates. I need to "conserve" my system (orange pi one) completely. Is there a posibility to disable updates forever? (I understand security risks)

This should be enough to disable automatic updates. Script that outputs that message in MOTD only checks downloaded packages lists, it doesn't run any update tasks by itself.