A95X MAX Install

Sevillano

Hello to everyone. I'm new in this forum.

I'm trying to install (or adapt to install) armbian in an A95X MAX. I've compiled the entire system on a virtual machine and now i'm trying to boot in the box but no luck, the problem is that I erased the emmc to force the cpu to boot from sd but don´t boot, the only text line i get (via serial console) is "G12A:BL:0253b8:61aa2d;FEAT:F0F831B0:12020;POC:F;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1F;SD?:20000;USB:8;".

Can anybody help me to decode what this line means? I'm broking the head but whitout result.

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry fot my bad english.

@Sevillano I'm not quite sure what steps/instructions you are following.  But start by reading the two TV Box FAQ posts: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first  and  https://forum.armbian.com/topic/17106-installation-instructions-for-tv-boxes-with-amlogic-cpus

There aren't steps that require you to compile the entire system on a virtual machine.  So I am assuming you are trying to perform a regular build of armbian, but armbian doesn't support TV boxes.  That is why this forum exists and there are the forked builds that attempt to get a working environment on amlogic based boxes.

You will most likely need to find an original android firmware and restore your emmc to a good working android before moving forward.

@Sevillano - as far as i remember the a95x max is one of the rare cases of using a signed/encrypted boot block, so erasing the emmc is not a good idea as you'll not be able to create any boot block with the proper keys to be loaded by the box - reinstallling the original firmware is your only option i guess and then bootiing via legacy u-boot and the regular balbes150 script and maybe chainloaded mainline u-boot

good luck and best wishes - hexdump

As far as i know the amlogic boot sequence is (by design)  : when the cpu start it looks for a bootloader in the emmc and if this fail then it looks for in the sd-card. In this thread you can read how it's made (

)

One thing is that for build these bootloaders are necessary some blob's from amlogic that match with your cpu, it's not the same for a S802 than a S905X2 for example. My first goal is try to build the bootloader for the S905X2 (amlogic u211/g12a platform). I've built the mainline u-boot for a board with this cpu and then join with the amlogic blob's but no luck. I keep investigating....

@Sevillano - as said: you may try around more if you like, but i think the only chance you have is to find the original firmware for your box, as it is the only one which was build with the proper keys - this box (and very few others as well - a95xf2, mi-box, ...) is special as the boot process is locked