armbian in orange Pi creates script process in rc-local.service but don't executes correctly

andreygoncalves
Go to solution Solved by andreygoncalves,

• Solution

Hello guys.

Could you help me resolv a problem with orange pi (armbian)?

The problem is the following:
I created a small script in Python that read a I/O of orange Pi, that is read the state of a button(switch). If I execute it on terminal It works fine... But my problem is when I put in inicialization of SO(/lib/systemd/system/rc-local.service ), the linux created a process correctly but when a press the button not happen anything.

root@orangepizero:~# ps -aux|grep press
root      1306 83.7  1.9  11268  4852 ?        Rs   18:54   0:38 /usr/bin/python /usr/local/sbin/press_button.py

SO of Orange Pi Zero:
Linux orangepizero 5.10.21-sunxi #21.02.3 SMP Mon Mar 8 00:28:04 UTC 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux

Obs: I tried put the script in rc.local, used crontab too, put in init.d.... but always the same problem, the linux created the process but dont happen anything when I pressed the button... But if I execute on bash the script It read the button correctly.

Script python:

import os

import sys

from pyA20.gpio import gpio

from pyA20.gpio import port

from time import sleep
#initialize the linphonecsh
os.system("linphonecsh init")

os.system("linphonecsh register --username 8000 --host 10.100.14.210 --password 8000")
os.system("linphonecsh soundcard playback 0")
os.system("linphonecsh soundcard capture 0")
os.system("linphonecsh soundcard ring 0")

#initialize the gpio module / initialise le GPIO

gpio.init()

button = port.PA12

#setup the port
gpio.setcfg(button, gpio.INPUT)

while True:

if gpio.input(button)==0:

sleep(1)
print("button pressed")                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  os.system("./test_autodial.sh")

I'm already suspecting that it's a problem with this OS version.

Hope someone can help me.

Thank you very much.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.