I comment on experience in the installation of Armbian in BOX TV, RK322x

Raulin

Hello to this great community, I want to comment on the experience I had when installing the armbian operating system on a TV BOX card, RK322x, with 1 Gb of RAM and 8 of ROM.

• The system was installed with Armbian 21.05.1 Buster
    • Linux kernel 4.4.194 rk322x
    • The installation was done from the image in SD memory
    • LIBREOFFICE was also installed, in English, which later changes it to Spanish, which is the language I speak.
    • The internet connection by cable lan or by wifi, is configured normally.
    • It was also possible to change the Armbian operating system to the Spanish language, without incident.
    • The libreoffice is working normally. I can load writer and calc at the same time. Being able to write up to 5 sheets normally. (I only wrote 5 sheets I am sure you can write more sheets).
    • Regarding the browsers that are installed by default, (cromium and firefox), I can comment that native cromium is very slow to load and does not support more than 2 open windows, I uninstalled it because because I wanted to improve I put "acceleration by hardware ”and the cromium paralyzed the system so I uninstalled it and installed the version of cromium Version 90.0.4430.212 (Developer Build) built on Debian 10.9, running on Debian 10.9 (32-bit), with this version I have noticed that it has improved navigation and can keep up to 3 windows open, with a tolerable speed (graphics load slowly).
    • The file and package management are fine.
    • I have not had any error messages.
    • Sound is output normally from external speakers and headphones.
    • Monitor, keyboard, mouse installed normally.
    • Any printer recognizes it quickly and normally
    • Print documents without incident.
    • Recognizes USB memories.
    • The Box TV does not heat up, it maintains a normal temperature.

Cons:

• The reproduction of videos (youtube) in browsers are poor and slow.
    • The Cromium browser does not recognize Gmail.
    • The SMTUBE, installs normally, but does not play videos (I don't understand why).
    • Once the writer froze, no matter how graphic (it must be due to the low capacity of the board).

It is what I could contribute, about the experience that I am having in the rk322x board, I am still a beginner in this topic, I hope that the information can be of use to someone, and if you could support me in the installation of a youtube player without flash in the device as well as improving the system I will be very grateful ... ... I will continue doing some tests and I will be commenting on it in future publications, thank you very much.