X96 mini not boot armbian corectly

Arek Rybak

Hi! 

We are here to help, but first we need more info from you 

Which Armbian build are you using? Can you tell? 

As the log says, the error is in the U-Boot parameters, but can me something more.

Can you detail your problem a bit more? Starting from the image download

@Arek Rybak I would recommend that you read the two TV Box FAQ posts:

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/17106-installation-instructions-for-tv-boxes-with-amlogic-cpus

What dtb's have you tried.  On my x96 mini boxes I am using /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb

LABEL Armbian
LINUX /zImage
INITRD /uInitrd

# aml s9xxx
FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb

APPEND root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

Can you attach the file instead of cutting and pasting the contents.  I am looking at the lines in your screen capture that say:

Ignoring unknown command:

Ignoring unknown command: FDT

Ignoring unknown command: APPEND

It seems as if it is ignoring all the lines of your extlinux.conf file.  Is there anything you see that looks unusual?  Did you edit the file on a windows machine (perhaps windows CR/LF characters) - just making a guess.

If you wish, you can flash an Android rom on your tvbox using the Amlogic USB Burning tool, and then from android use the "Update & Backup" application to update using aml_autoscript.zip that would be on your microSD card.

This extlinux.conf works fine but I have few problems. Only 1 GB RAM. Linux not see more RAM. This device have 2 GB RAM. What I can do? I want more RAM on linux. 

I want boot this linux from USB HDD. If this is posible? How do this?

I need swap becouse if RAM is to low linux freeze.

Maybe I want this linux in place where is android now. I guess this emmc memory is faster than my microsd card and be live longer than sdcard.

Are you sure your box has 2GB of RAM?  It is common for these cheap TV Boxes to be mislabeled and there are even cases where the Android install is modified to lie about how much ram exists.  The only sure way to know is to open the box and look at what ram chips are actually installed on the board.

If you do have 2GB of ram with only 1GB being used, that would be an issue with the dtb file you are using, as the dtb maps the hardware to the linux kernel.

On 10/4/2021 at 4:10 AM, Arek Rybak said:

Fake or no fake?

Look at the ram chips, look up the specs and figure out how much ram the box has (note chips are sometimes attached to both sides of the board)