st7735 screen for orange pi zero and kernel 5

desevensa

Hello.

Some time ago I worked with an LCD display with st7735 driver on my orange pi zero and the kernel 4.19y. I make it work very good following many instructions found in web pages (like this: https://www.instructables.com/Orange-Pi-Zero-Connect-TFT-SPI-ST7735/). But now is not  possible to find any image with this kernel in the official download page and, with the new kernel that method does not work when y try to use the modprobe fbtft_device.

I've been looking for possible solutions in order to make it work but usually I fail because language is very technical, my knowledge about drivers is superficial and English is not my native language:

• Compile my own version of armbian with VM image: It ends with error and I am not sure if I'm choosing the right options to include the support for this display.
  • Crosscompile a 4.19y kernel: It is not really the goal, anyway it is like the previous point.
  • I found something about Device Tree Overlay (found that topic here too) but is not clear for me how could i configure my OPI zero,I still cannot find a tutorial or wiki in order to learn what I must do. I guess the pins used are the same that i used before.
  • Maybe there is another way to make it work but i'm missing that.

Any help i can find will be great, thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.