OpenMediaVault 6 on Bullseye

Flolm

Hello,

I have a Helio64 not yet configured and I would like to be able to install the latest image available on https://armbian.hosthatch.com/dl/helios64/archive/ and especially to install the latest OpenMediaVault 6 version.

Do you think this is possible ? Or will OpenMediaVault 6 not be available from armbian-config? 

As I write this post, the latest image available for Helios64 is Armbian_21.05.9_Helios64_bullseye_current_5.10.63.img.xz

I thank you for your help :)

Flolm

Go ahead, OMV6 works fairly well with the Helios64... there are some bits and pieces that are not completely ported (plugins for example) and some need a bit of adjustment whatsoever. But all in all it is okay.

I am running OMV6 together with SnapRaid. MergerFS and Luks I am running outside of OMV as I do find it easier to customize for my needs.

Am 7.12.2021 um 16:53 schrieb Vin:

Is there any performance difference among OMV5 and OMV6 SMB/Ethernet wise?

Hm, that always depends on the setup. I am in the Apple universe and I find that SMB works a bit faster on OMV6 but as you can edit the preferences yourself there should not be too much of an issue to modify this to your needs.