RK3228A flash not found

johnyp

Hello to all recently i installed armbian in a tvbox. Everything worked fine, except the infrared and the wifi, i used it with ethernet. Suddenly after a reboot i got an error Missing modules (cat proc/modules: Is /dev)
ALERT UUID-16bb1d19-3ee3-119r-Be32-9920fr7d190a does not exist.
Dropping to a shell!

It is the second time this happened. After this if i boot from sd flash is not recognised to restored a backup, must install android and go from the beginning again. Any ideas? Thanks

TV boxes are not supported by the Armbian project.  Thus you posted this originally in the wrong forum.  I moved your post to the TV Box forums.

You don't mention much in the way of useful debugging information, like what build are you using.  But I would recommend reading through the threads in this forum for your cpu and you should find help there.

On 12/17/2021 at 7:47 AM, johnyp said:

Seems like that after a reboot bootloader in emmc is getting corupted, any idea why this is happening?

Thank you

Broken eMMC?

Anyway, as @SteeMan already said, too few details to be really helpful

It seems that after reboot cpu doesn't see the emmc. If i try to use multiboot utility to restore an image it does not see the emmc either. Don't know how to explain better. The boot process drops to bash shell with an alert msg device uid not found. 

1 hour ago, johnyp said:

It seems that after reboot cpu doesn't see the emmc. If i try to use multiboot utility to restore an image it does not see the emmc either. Don't know how to explain better. The boot process drops to bash shell with an alert msg device uid not found. 

So your eMMC appears back only when you do a cold reboot?

1 minute ago, jock said:

So your eMMC appears back only when you do a cold reboot?

No, in order to be able to install armbian again in must flash the android firmware back, after this emmc appears again in multitool. The emmc doesn't disappear after every reboot, it is random. If i understood correctly the bootloader doesn't initiate the nand. From bash shell did an fdisk - l and blkid and no drives shown. Can't figure out what hangs. 

3 minutes ago, johnyp said:

No, in order to be able to install armbian again in must flash the android firmware back, after this emmc appears again in multitool. The emmc doesn't disappear after every reboot, it is random. If i understood correctly the bootloader doesn't initiate the nand. From bash shell did an fdisk - l and blkid and no drives shown. Can't figure out what hangs. 

Me neither, but still if you don't provide more details I have no answers.

- Which board do you have?

- Logs (ie: the output of sudo armbianmonitor -u)

- Photos of the board

- DId you run rk322x-config or you didn't? Why you didn't? DId you follow the instructions or are you going the "lone wolf" way?

It is a china clone of mxq mk4 1gb/8gb with rk3328b cpu. Default config works fine, only selected led config to match, red led off, blue led on. Wifi doesn't work, i use it with ethernet. Can't have a log now because I restored the oem firmware but will update tomorrow. The error is:

Error message:
Gave up waiting for root file system device.
Common problems
- Boot args (cat proc/cnd.no)
- Check rootdelay (did the system wait long enough?)
- Missing modules (cat proc/modules: Is /dev)
ALERT UUID-16bb1d19-3ee3-119r-Be32-9920fr7d190a does not exist.
Dropping to a shell!
(initramfs)

Hnet.com-image.jpg.51a0f5283c54d0d9fd25f22a03c343bf.jpg