Cubietruck Ubuntu 14.04 crashes after 1-3 days

joaofl

3days 0hours 23minutes :rolleyes:

RPi-Monitor reports about 5,5V on PWR and about 5,05V on USB OTG port (compare to previous post I raised power voltage a bit again to have 5V on USB).

Mythtv-backend stopped interupting recordings from USB DVB-T tuners after I raised input voltage for my cubietruck board.

But I still did not win this battle where I received this board with USB power cable and plastic box with written 5,2V on the top of power cable hole.

I am afraid power voltage is higher than should be for internal hdd. I raised it with this on my mind, it was risk and it is still.

I gonna measure hdd voltage this weekend. Hdd, I hope you will survive it :).

Hi guys,

I happaned a few months ago when I discovered two problems which could cause some instability problems on my Cubietruck device. First problem had been caused by wrong power conector on 12V "Y" cable. And what was wrong? When I touched hardly it disconnected power. I know it is very stupid problem but I found it when I decided to put Cubietruck to out of service after some unknown unstability problems for me at this time.

Second problem ? LAN cable. I found one end spoiled with some liquid. Not all pins but only three of them. And how did I discover it? I mounted nfs share on that device and started copying files but it was terribly slow. I stopped it and I was doing something else and I needed that lan cable. I turned on wifi client on Cubietruck and started copying files without LAN cable plugged in and whoala copying was faster than on LAN network what was strange for me. I tried ping on LAN ip of Cubietruck and it showed me about 25% lost packets. And it was point when I decided to replace LAN cable with another one and later check that cable.

I learned from this mistake and I am using ping collectd plugin on my router to constantly check this problems partly caused by wrong delays set for different board design and wrong LAN cables.