Correct method to install Retroarch and all cores

DevelopmentBoredFan

Hi all,

I have a nanopi m4 with following installation - Armbian_22.05.4_Nanopim4v2_jammy_current_5.15.48_xfce_desktop.

I am looking for someone who has retroarch installed on armbian and fully working, and what the key steps are.

Im asking because:

1) I tried installing by command line, which installs retroarch to a location with no cores. An issue with rk3399 cores is that there are none to download and must be built seperately (Is there a way to update a file so that cores can be downloaded through the application?)

2) In an attempt to build retroarch + cores, i downloaded and built libretro, which took probably 12+ hours. This resulted in a seperate installation, with cores not in the correct directory, and many cores uninstallable eg mame2010, ppsspp.

I hope someone can assist - I want to find a use for my nanopi m4 but having difficulty with retro games - Rcade is buggy, lakka does not work well, batocera does not work well, TwisterOS does not boot after selecting correct .dtb etc.

I have built linux and android on many boards but this one is troublesome.

Thanks for reading

Edited by DevelopmentBoredFan
Add TwisterOS