Problem on Headless connection after idle for a few minutes

incendio

Hi guys,

I am new here. I have a generic board powered by armlogic 905x. I have installed armbian on this board with this image

Armbian_21.08.1_Amlogic-GXL_bullseye_current_5.10.60.img.xz.

Everything went OK, I could ssh the server, but when let server idle for about an hour, I couldn't ssh again, ping also didn't work, seem like server went on sleep mode.

How to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

@incendio  First off, what board or box are you working with.  Saying 'generic board' doesn't help us help you.  Each board will have different hardware and thus require differing help.

Then where did you get the build you referenced?  And finally what instructions/steps did you use to install.

It is an Android TV box provided by Internet Provider in my Country. They called it 'Fiberhome' HG860P.

It has an eMMC and micro sdcard reader and has capability for multi boot out of the box.

On eMMC, installed Android TV ver 6.

I got referenced from Youtube, build an image to a micro sdcard and just plugged it to the box.

Armbian runs OK, LAN OF, WIFI OK, SSH OK, except for when I left it idle for about an hour or so, I couldn't SSH again, but ping worked OK.

Connection to box made via LAN and WIFI.

Have to turn it OFF and ON again to made it worked again.

Edited by incendio

On 10/8/2022 at 2:27 PM, SteeMan said:

Then where did you get the build you referenced?  And finally what instructions/steps did you use to install.

I'll repeat the above two questions you didn't answer.  Without knowing what code you are trying to install and what steps you did during your install, we can't help.  We need to know what you have and what you have done.

What do you mean I didn't answer your questions?

I told you, I got it from Youtube, here is the link to that image : https://disk.yandex.com/d/SLWV8RnEV0Hzkg/Amlogic%20GXL

And steps to install it is nothing, just burn the image to micro sd card, and plug it into the box and it ran OK.

13 hours ago, incendio said:

I told you, I got it from Youtube

Well youtube certainly isn't an official source.  I have no idea where the build you used came from, but it isn't anything I am aware of.  Please read the following two TV Box FAQ posts:

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/17106-installation-instructions-for-tv-boxes-with-amlogic-cpus

Problem solved! Armbian ran for hour without lost connection.

I don't know which steps that fix that problem.

I did these steps (the order didn't remember)

1. ran apt update

2. ran apt upgrade -> caused an error, had to turn off power then turn on again, then ran dpkg --configure -a to fix this error

3. set ip to static

4. turn off wifi

5. run web server on this server

There is still a small problem, couldn't reboot server via software, had to shutdown, turn power off, then turn power on again.

On 10/10/2022 at 6:20 PM, incendio said:

There's no armbian image on this link. 

The author has taken down those builds after two years.  So for now there are no unofficial builds for amlogic tv boxes.  I'm hoping that changes soon.

7 hours ago, incendio said:

There is still a small problem, couldn't reboot server via software, had to shutdown, turn power off, then turn power on again.

My experience is that this is fixed in later kernels.  If I recall correctly this started working correctly in 5.0.18 (could be 5.0.19).  I'm hoping to get some new builds based on current kernels made available.