Armbian MXQ PRO 4K s905...no work!

Mario663

You are typing the command wrong.  There is a space after sudo, but if you are already logged in a root, you don't need the sudo at all.  And in the case you did the command without sudo you didn't include the ./

Also note that you can't install on emmc if the box has an s905 cpu (you need an s905x or newer for emmc support).  There was a recent thread that talked about this in the forums.

On the S905X I have already installed the English language 5.88 in the EMMC, now it starts from
SD with 23.2.0 but the menu is in Portuguese when starting up on this it didn't let me do the configuration, choice of language, name, password, time zone and country perhaps because it already starts with the 5.88 configuration!?

14 hours ago, Mario663 said:

perhaps because it already starts with the 5.88 configuration!?

No that wouldn't impact anything as the two environments are separate.

Does it go through the initial configuration if you are using the cli/server version? Can you reproduce the issue by starting with a new image on the sd card and trying again?

Also on the failure to run the install-aml.sh, does the script have execute permission set?

Just now, Mario663 said:

This is Version Armbian_5.88_Aml-s905_Ubuntu_bionic_default_5.1.0_desktop_20190530.img.xz 

I thought you said that you were running the latest version from the sd card and that was the version that didn't go through the setup.  Thus I am asking you to try the latest CLI/server version on SD to see if it goes through the initial setup.  And then separately if you could try a fresh copy of the desktop version on SD and see if you can reproduce the issue with the setup being skipped.

3 hours ago, SteeMan said:

Also on the failure to run the install-aml.sh, does the script have execute permission set?

on the S905X I still haven't deprived to install it on emmc I still haven't given the install.sh command for 23.02.0 I'm thinking about it so as not to find myself in Brik despite having a TTL/UART available just in case!

6 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

And then separately if you could try a fresh copy of the desktop version on SD and see if you can reproduce the issue with the setup being skipped.

yes on the SD I have the 23.02.0.desktop but the initial configuration skips me! I find myself in the Armbian desktop in portuguese language and time changed!

So your advice is to download a new 23.02.0 CLI/SERVER image burn to SD and see if it lets me do the initial configuration!? yes yes after having the 5.88 in the emmc I can give the command install.sh to install the 23.02.0 in the emmc!? thank you!

Edited by Mario663

I downloaded the following:
Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Aml-s9xx-box_lunar_edge_6.1.4_xfce_desktop.img.xz

dumped to a memory card.  
Mounted the card and modified the extlinux.conf

copied u-boot-s905x-s912 to u-boot.ext

unmounted the card, and put it in the MXQ PRO
Booted just fine. 

Logged in and ran the command:
$ sudo su -

(password)

# ./install-aml.sh

Installed to eMMC

Process works fine.

6 hours ago, flying4fun said:

downloaded the following:

Hi where is this version downloadable!?
I have the Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Aml-s9xx-kinect_edge_6.1.4_xfce_desktop.img.xz downloaded from the Gitub link!

I haven't installed on the Emmc yet and I won't until I can configure the right language and time, after starting it from the menu I open armbian config. by default CA is selected and I select my language IT! I configure the database and select the Italian language but it does not change the menu language so I try to restart but it does not change the setting!

https://i.ibb.co/q9HbmWN/1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/9bpM9F4/2.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/LQzwgfn/3.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/bs10nYx/4.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/fHm59Xm/5.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/vLswnN7/6.jpg

Edited by Mario663

12 hours ago, Mario663 said:

Если я установлю его с иностранным языком в emmc, смогу ли я изменить язык в будущем?

Yes, it is possible.

Google will tell you how to change the language in linux. It is useful for you to study linux if you want to work in linux

On 08.01.2023 at 23:27, Mario663 said:

ask for help and it cannot be served, what is the purpose of the forum !!?

The main rule of any forum: if you haven't paid the money, no one owes you anything. They may or may not help you. (Don't be surprised by this)

No one should waste time on you. How much did you spend your time and effort to help this armbian community or someone on this forum? I would understand your surprise "what is this forum for" if you would have invested a lot of effort in this forum in its development - and you would not have received anything in return.

You were given the right remark: why do you need linux, especially on TV box, if you don't know how to use linux.

The second rule: you can ask for support of the device - to the person from whom you bought it or the manufacturer.

If you bought an armbian product, you can request support from ambian. If you didn't pay armbian, then the community and the forum don't owe you anything. You can only ask and hope that someone will agree to spend their time for free on you. (Don't be surprised if that doesn't happen)

Edited by Energokom