Issues with lamobo-r1 and new distribution

badrianiulian

The script lamobo-r1 has 4 command line switches

For the router part, the script vlans are configured: eth0.101 with lan1, lan2, lan3, lan4 and wlan configured through bridge br0; eth0.102 with wan configured through br1

lamobo-r1 routerup
lamobo-r1 routerdown

As for the switch part, the script has only one vlan: eth0.101 with lan1, lan2, lan3, lan4, wlan and wan configured through bridge br0

lamobo-r1 switchup
lamobo-r1 switchdown

If you check the interfaces example files you will notice that this lines are included at some point

Impressive job!

​Currently testing the router, non ppp versión. I've found several issues so far.

I'm trying to replace and aging TPLink with OpenWRT, which receives Internet from an ancient Scientific Atlanta 2100 cablemodem, via Ethernet (so, the cablemodem acts as a router of sorts, with its own DHCP server).

When connecting the Cablemodem to the wan port, I got IP, but it seems I can't connect to anything.

When connecting my notebook to the Lamobo, I got IP, ping trough, and can do an ssh. However, I can't ping FROM the lamobo to the notebook, albeit I can provide a working DHCP server (with DNSMASQ). Nskookup from the lamobo to the notebook Works just fine.

When plugging a patchcord from the TPLink into the Lamobo, and setting a different network in the board (thus using the TPLink as a 'cablemodem' from the lamobo perspective), got a valid ip, can connecto to the net, however, my inability to ping anything connected to br0 from the lamobo remains.

Any ideas would be most welcomed, thanks!

I've noticed that when restarting network service (/etc/init.d/networking restart) the network speed slows down... so by deleting the created vlans and recreating them at network init, everything goes as it should

Impressive job!

​Currently testing the router, non ppp versión. I've found several issues so far.

I'm trying to replace and aging TPLink with OpenWRT, which receives Internet from an ancient Scientific Atlanta 2100 cablemodem, via Ethernet (so, the cablemodem acts as a router of sorts, with its own DHCP server).

When connecting the Cablemodem to the wan port, I got IP, but it seems I can't connect to anything.

When connecting my notebook to the Lamobo, I got IP, ping trough, and can do an ssh. However, I can't ping FROM the lamobo to the notebook, albeit I can provide a working DHCP server (with DNSMASQ). Nskookup from the lamobo to the notebook Works just fine.

When plugging a patchcord from the TPLink into the Lamobo, and setting a different network in the board (thus using the TPLink as a 'cablemodem' from the lamobo perspective), got a valid ip, can connecto to the net, however, my inability to ping anything connected to br0 from the lamobo remains.

Any ideas would be most welcomed, thanks!

Witch distribuiton are you using? I had the same problems when using Ubuntu Xenial Mainline 4.9.7 image ... even if setting in sysctl.conf the forwarding settings.

Right now I'm on Debian Jessie Mainline 4.9.7 (upgraded from an older version)