OrangePi3LTS i Change "console=serial". Can't interact with my OPI!

AndrewZAP1977
Go to solution Solved by Werner,

Hi all! Sorry about my English.
I just started learning Armbian. Please don't scold me for my ignorance.
I have an Orange Pi 3-lts. I installed an "Armbian_23.02.2_Orangepi3-lts_bullseye_current_5.15.93" OS on it. Transferred everything to EMMC. Installed Clipper. I started experimenting with the rotation of the display. (everything seems to have turned out as I wanted!)
But damn! Wanted more!

I wanted the startup process log to not be displayed on the screen when the OS was started. I read somewhere on the Internet: change in armbianenv.txt console = botn on console = serial. I listened and changed. And now I can't manage my OPI. I can't connect via terminal because OPI won't connect to WiFi. I've tried with a network cable. No luck.
Please tell me. Is there any way to restore the functionality of my OPI (it has all the clipper settings, I did not have time to make a backup). Or do I just have to start all over again?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited by AndrewZAP1977

• Solution

Two ways:

Get a UART serial adapter and use debug console to get in

get an eMMC-USB adapter to mount it on a different computer and restore functionality.

Also worth a try: write a fresh image to an sdcard, plug it in and boot. Ideally it should boot from SD, then mount eMMC and do adjustments.

Thank you very much for the quick response.
The first two options for me will probably be very difficult. I am a beginner and this is very difficult for me.
As you advised, I tried to write a fresh image to the SD card and my OPI booted up. But he booted from the SD card. And the system was reinstalled and working from SD card. Or I'm wrong?
And I'm not sure if I can access and change that armbianenv.txt file that is in EMMC (which I corrected due to my stupidity).

I will try to mount EMMC. And correct my mistake.

Edited by AndrewZAP1977

It will probably be very difficult for me. Could you help me step by step?
I found this article

I looked under /proc/partitions. I have the following entries there:

major minor  #blocks  name

179        0    7634944      mmcblk2
 179        1    7536640      mmcblk2p1
 179       96    7563264     mmcblk0
 179       97    7401472     mmcblk0p1
 252        0    1018656      zram0
 252        1      51200        zram1

I tried to mount the EMMC as written in that article (by command: mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt ), but I don't know what to do next?

How can I access and where can I find my corrupted armbianenv.txt file?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Edited by AndrewZAP1977

1 hour ago, AndrewZAP1977 said:

The first two options for me will probably be very difficult. I am a beginner and this is very difficult for me.

Well ARM architecture is not as convenient as x86, not in the price range the boards we support at least :D

Anyway even as beginner having an USB UART adapter is highly recommended since it is the best (and most of the time the only) way to track down boot issues. They are dirt cheap and extremely useful when dealing with SBCs...

Thank you all very much for your help!

Everything worked out!
One nuance.
I once again created an image on another SD card (32 GB) to distinguish the partitions by volume.
I made the "lsblk" command.
In my case the EMMC was "mmcblk2p1"
Before that, I recorded on an 8GB SD card and the EMMC of the OPI is also 8GB and I could not tell which one is which!

Once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!