Banana Pi M2+ does not recognize DS18b20 Cable

Justsomeguy

First time poster, hopefully I'll get along with all of you! 

I am currently trying to connect a DS18(b)20 cable to my Banana Pi M2+, which is running Jessie Desktop. I connected the 3,3 V to Pin 1, GND to Pin 6 and Data to Pin 7, as well as the recommended 4,7k Ohm resistor between them. 

Since, as I should have mentioned, I am an absolute beginner (literally just got into this a few days ago), I used a German tutorial for this, which told me to enter the following into my command module: 

sudo modprobe w1-gpio pullup=1
sudo modprobe w1-therm

After which my /sys/bus folder shows a "w1" folder, which it does. However, the cable itself cannot be found. After some tinkering, I found that w1-therm does not seem to be found.

Is there any way to remedy this situation? Even just a hint would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first project with Armbian and I wish to go through with it instead of changing OSes. 

Cheers

Unfortunately you chose the worst H3 board possible (overheating since manufacturer forgot voltage regulation, not that much supported by vendor itself). They discovered themselve that their product features a different pin-out on the expansion header some while ago (this happened with other boards from them as well, always fun to realize that the manufacturer more or less by accident discovers how his own hardware works months after starting sale): https://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1745-different-gpio-pin-mappings-on-bpi-m2-compared-to-orange-pis/

In other words: You should try to figure out which physical pin is mapped to which logical pin and might then have to adjust this in the so called fex file: https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/1b25e61bf7d50f4b91f442f3153a3a184b3c26d6/config/fex/bananapim2plus.fex#L1307