Forum category for general board/SoC discussions

It's been several years since I started looking for a forum to discuss various general aspects of SBCs, such as "recommend me the board for X", SoC software support state, pricing, deals, etc. All not armbian-related per se.

Neither of current categories are exactly suitable for such questions on this forum. Off-topic category doesn't receive much attention as I would guess.

Proposal: create "general discussions" category.

Edited by ValdikSS

There's "SD card and PSU issues" category. It's not about armbian (software), it's about hardware.

Maybe introduce "general hardware discussions" or so? It's not entirely off-topic (it's a SBC-related talk), but it's not exactly armbian-related.

1 hour ago, ValdikSS said:

SD card and PSU issues

The topics there are related to Armbian as well. People want to boot Armbian on their board but fail due to either PSU or sdcard issues which are sorted out there.

If anyone for example reports a boot issue for Raspi OS related to sd or PSU it will be moved to off-topic or at least told that this is the wrong place for the question.