How to use HDMI display on olimex-micro board?

alex824

Hi:

I have an olimex-mirco A2O board. I have already run  A20-OLinuXino-MICRO Debian Jessie with kernel 3.4.103+ release 12 on it, and everyting is ok.

I use the HDMI screen, because the kernel sets vedio output is HDMI 720p by default. when running , i can see the debian GUI in the screen.

After that, I got the Armbian_5.20_Micro_Debian_jessie_3.4.112.iso, and dd the image into the SD card. The board can work. I can login into  Debian by ssh. In boot procedure, I can see the boot information on the HDMI screen, but after boot finished, the hdmi screen only display blue. Because the kernel does not output signal to HDMI interface.

I input the command by SSH terminal: a10disp changehdmimodeforce 4

Then i got prompt is: hdmi is not enable

I read the getting started and other documents on armbian.com.  Because English  is not my native language, so  I don't understand the documents very well. I just guess, I must config the display setting for enable HDMI in the uboot setting. But I don't konw how do I config it?

Who can give me some hint? Thanks very much!

It looks like our configuration is broken. I don't have this particular board (closest is Lime2 and it works fine) - can you try this:

cp /boot/bin/lime2.bin /boot/bin/micro.bin
reboot

If this works, than I must check why our board config is wrong.

It looks like our configuration is broken. I don't have this particular board (closest is Lime2 and it works fine) - can you try this:

cp /boot/bin/lime2.bin /boot/bin/micro.bin
reboot

If this works, than I must check why our board config is wrong.

Thanks for your reply.

I am according  to your method, the hdmi screen is work. The hdmi screen displays the text control terminal.

I can adjust screen  resolution in the terminal by input command like "a10disp changehdmimodeforce 4" .

But after that, dhcp does not work. I use "ifconfig " to check eth interface. I can see the eth0 and it's MAC address,but no IP address.

I guess that DHCP is disable.

Another question, if I reboot the system, I must input  command "a10dip" again for adjust to screen resolution.

How can I fix it?

If it should be fixed by modify some file,   What file should I modify?

Thanks! 

But after that, dhcp does not work. I use "ifconfig " to check eth interface. I can see the eth0 and it's MAC address,but no IP address.

I guess that DHCP is disable.

After setting new screen resolution or after changing .bin files? This is a temporally solution anyway. You need to adjust micro.bin (bin2fex, edit+save, fex2bin) here. Copy and past that section from file you are using now. New settings come into action at boot.

After setting new screen resolution or after changing .bin files? This is a temporally solution anyway. You need to adjust micro.bin (bin2fex, edit+save, fex2bin) here. Copy and past that section from file you are using now. New settings come into action at boot.

after changing .bin file

OK. Use stock Micro settings and exchange only video part (from Lime2 settings) and you should be fine ... 

Thanks. I believe in your method is right way.

In addition, I want to know meaning of these setting parameters in the fex file. so We can modify it for other condition.

Do your have any web link about A20 fex file?