How to activate WIFI and re-install Operating system?

Macktool

Hello! I am on the forum to ask you some questions that I am not able to find the answers to. I bought a 3D printer kit on Aliexpress.com including an Orange pi 3 LTS board. On the card there is an operating system installed and several applications for the printer.

The first problem is that: I would like to activate WIFI on the card. I tried to do this via 2 different ways. The first is with the following command sudo orangepi-config. I go to the network/wifi menu. I chose my WIFI network. I enter the network key and I receive the following error code:

Could not activate connection: Activation failed: IP configuration could not be reserved (not available address, timeout, etc.)

I also tried the following commands:

nmcli dev wifi

nmcli dev wifi connect (ssid) password (pass)

This command gives me the following error code:

Error: Connection activation failed: (7) Secrets were required, but not provided.

I went to the 3D printer forum and talked about it. The advice I got from several members is to do a new and clean installation from scratch.

The second problem is that:  After several days of work and inconclusive research, I am not able to do a factory reset and reinstall an operating system that would suit me better. I followed the steps to reformat an SD card with SD Card Formatter, install the operating system image on a SD card with Win32DisckImager. I inserted the SD card into the orange pi 3 LTS. I connected via SSH with Putty and followed the following tutorial: https://jumptuck.com/blog/2023-02-13-install-linux-orange-pi-3-lts-emmc/. Type nand-sata-install to begin the installation process. Choose to boot from eMMC, choose EXT4, then accept the warning that the process will erase all contents of the eMMC memory. After a few minutes you will be given the option to power down the board. Do so and remove the SD Card. Installation of Linux on the eMMC is now complete

I would like if someone, if these possible please, to give me the right steps to follow to activate WIFI and or reinstall a clean operating system of my choice for my Orange pi 3 LTS?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Sincerely,

2 hours ago, Macktool said:

sudo orangepi-config

Based on this it doesn't look like you are running Armbian.  If you are running orangepios then you need to direct your questions to their forums as we don't produce there images/builds.

29 minutes ago, SteeMan said:
3 hours ago, Macktool said:

sudo orangepi-config

Based on this it doesn't look like you are running Armbian.  If you are running orangepios then you need to direct your questions to their forums as we don't produce there images/builds.

So how to install your operating system on top of the existing one with all the peripherals working?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Sincerely,