Armbian with preinstalled Home Assistant supervised

On 4/20/2024 at 2:00 AM, Alexx said:

All the above are 5  commands?

Yes. If you copy and paste everything into the terminal, it should do the job.

Posted (edited)

Hi Igor,

great work on this HA supervised image for the Edge2 oowow.

I install it and all fine, but no access to the usual http:ip:8123  and when I try to list the services or the actual "gdbus introspect --system --dest io.hass.os --object-path /io/hass/os" error: "The name io.hass.os was not provided by any .service files" 

If I can update or re-install the HA would be nice to know.

System:

Khadas Edge2 Pro, 

Install "Armbian_24.2.2_Khadas-edge2_bookworm_legacy_5.10.160.oowow.img.xz" from ooWOW

All working fine, I can connect with SSH as usual, can do updates or install; but nothing else for Home Assistant.

Any comment is apreciated, have a good one.

Richard.

Edited by _Rick

Hi Igor,

the image: "Armbian_24.2.2_Khadas-edge2_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43-homeassistant_minimal.oowow.img.xz" work and after few mins I have access as regular HA.

There are few warnings:

Unsupported system - AppArmor issues System is unsupported because AppArmor is working incorrectly and add-ons are running in an unprotected and insecure way. 

Unsupported system - CGroup version:  System is unsupported because the wrong version of Docker CGroup is in use.

Is it something you can fix in the image and I'll wait or I can upgrade and it will be fixed ?

You did a great job man!

I'll try to fix it for now, again thank you !

Richard.

1 minute ago, _Rick said:

Unsupported system - AppArmor issues System is unsupported because AppArmor is working incorrectly and add-ons are running in an unprotected and insecure way. 

Unsupported system - CGroup version:  System is unsupported because the wrong version of Docker CGroup is in use.

This is hard to say as we are talking about non standard Linux kernel. If HA works, IMO you can safely ignore those problems or:

4 minutes ago, _Rick said:

Is it something you can fix in the image and I'll wait or I can upgrade and it will be fixed ?

New kernel is being developed for several years and it might already be working for this use case. You can try by switching to it (armbian-config -> system -> alternative kernels -> select EDGE 6.8.something), but I give you no warranty that it will work. You might need to start with a new image. If it works well, report back and we will generate images by using that kernel. I know many things in graphical areas are missing there, but for this uses case we don't need HDMI output anyway ...

Hi Igor,

if this can help or you might already know this: 

AppArmor issues:

"The solution: If the AppArmor is not enabled on your host, add this to the Linux kernel boot parameters: apparmor=1 security=apparmor and then reboot your operating system."

CGroup version:

"The solution: In a supervised installation if you have switched to CGroup v2 you will need to revert what you did. Or you can re-run the supervised installer to fix it. Please be sure to reboot the system after the installation is done.

You should never see this issue on Home Assistant OS as all versions of the OS ship with a supported CGroup version."

If that help you, have a great one!

Richard.

22 minutes ago, _Rick said:

you might already know this

I will look into this when time permits but I don't promise to stick in researching very long. Kernel behind this specific hardware, this image, is developed with a solo purpose - to sell hardware and its dead end. For amateur usage, running desktop and similar toying this is usually enough. Rockchip cares only that hardware features works, everything else is unmaintained. We are looking at possible impossible tasks, weeks of work, which is something I can't afford to do in exchange for compliments. This is not Armbian problem. Try switching to normal mainline kernel (named EDGE, 6.8.y, that should not have those errors and that I know where to look for fixing if warnings will pop up. Also I can predict I will not lost more then few hours). 

Hi Igor,

I understand, I agree, this forum is for the Armbian, not the board.

Thank you again for your time, for what is working now, it is waaaayyy faster than my Pi3b !!!

In any case, a big thank you for your time!

Richard.

Tested on Rock5b:

Needed to solve apparmor warning :

Check that extraargs=systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0 apparmor=1 security=apparmor in /boot/armbianEnv.txt

Then update-initramfs -u

reboot

@Igor In the past I edit the supervised installation script (I've updated it now) to skip machine checks: all work fine (HACS too, on X96 max+ S905X3) and at that time debian 12 was not supported by HAOS.
Now it is supported (I'm tring with Armbian 24 unofficial inovato-quadra on T95 Max+ with Allwinner H6)  but "Unsupported OS" still remain, maybe because of Armbian as >derivate<  (?)
Log:

[supervisor.resolution.evaluations.base] Detected unsupported OS: Armbian-unofficial 24.5.0-trunk bookworm (more-info: https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/unsupported/os)

https://travis90x.altervista.org/home-assistant-supervised-on-armbian-tvbox/
https://github.com/Travis90x/supervised-installer

Edited by Travis 90x