Way to boot from USB when my emmc is dead

I'm guessing since you reposted in the TV box forum, that you have a TV box not an SBC.

If thos is a TV box running an Armbian build then the answer is no.  The Armbian TV box builds use the uboot from EMMC to start the boot process, no EMMC no boot.

For other amlogic SBCs they use the uboot from the SD card, but not so with TV boxes.

Posted (edited)

i found some uboot commands here but i don't understand:

setenv bootcmd 'run mytvboot; if test ${bootfromnand} = 1; then setenv bootfromnand 0; saveenv; else run bootfromsd; run bootfromusb; run bootfromemmc; fi; run storeboot'

setenv mytvboot "run boot_usb; run boot_mmc; run boot_emmc;"

setenv boot_usb 'usb start; for usbdev in 3 2 1 0; do if fatload usb ${usbdev} 1000000 u-boot.ext; then go 1000000; fi; if fatload usb ${usbdev} 1000000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1000000; fi; done'

setenv boot_mmc 'for mmcdev in 0 1 2; do if fatload mmc ${mmcdev} 1000000 u-boot.ext; then go 1000000; fi; if fatload mmc ${mmcdev} 1000000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1000000; fi; done'

setenv boot_emmc 'for mmcdev in 0 1 2; do if fatload mmc ${mmcdev} 1000000 u-boot.emmc; then go 1000000; fi; if fatload mmc ${mmcdev} 1000000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1000000; fi; done'

setenv upgrade_step "0"

saveenv

Edited by thantien

What build are/were you running? 

As I said multiple times now, what you want isn't possible with Armbian aml-s9xx-box builds.  Those builds do not contain a u-boot that works to boot your TV Box.  To accomplish what you want, you would need to port a u-boot to your specific TV Box hardware.  Each TV box is different and needs a different u-boot.  That is the reason the Armbian aml-s9xx-box build uses the TV Boxes native u-boot on emmc to start the boot process, so that one image can be used for multiple TV Boxes that use the s905x CPU.

How many times do I have to say, it isn't possible to do with Armbian builds.  Armbian does not have a uboot for your TV Box.  So there is no way for you to boot from something other than your emmc unless you have a uboot built for your box.  And since Armbian doesn't produce such code, we can't help you here.