dmks-spl 0.6.5.6 kernel module does not compile on Cubox 4x4, kernel 4.9.12-cubox

DoubleMalt

Question

7 answers to this question

The only thread that has some relationship to the problem is 

But it also doesn't talk about the problem. 

Is there any Kernel version that is known to work with ZFS? Is there any reason the mainline kernel on ARM cannot work with the SPL Kernel module?

First, generic Ubuntu/Debian DKMS packages may not work on Armbian since we provide kernel versions that we can provide for different devices and not ones ubuntu/Debian has.

Second, DKMS recompilation on kernel upgrade is broken, so please keep this in mind.

If you want ZFS you need to find the latest zfs sources (this?) and either compile them on the device (if zfs supports out of tree builds) or use the Armbian build system on x64 Ubuntu Xenial to create a patched kernel packages.

Please note that kernel headers package should be already installed so you don't need to install "linux-headers-$(uname -r)" if build instructions/tutorials suggest doing that.

42 minutes ago, DoubleMalt said:

Because I want to install https://flynn.io and that requires ZFS unfortunately.

Well, if you want something that works almost as badly as on a i.MX6 then simply choose an ASRock C70M1 combined with 16.04 x64. Only downside: +20W idle consumption. I would walkd the extra mile and get an Intel box with ECC DRAM though for this type of application.