I2C OLED Display stopped working after upgrade from OMV 6 to OMV7

Vodalex

Hello all! After upgrading to OMV 7 and Debian 12 my OLED display remains dark.

I am using Kobol Helios 4 NAS.

Can anyone tell me where the problem is?

When i try to execute

git clone https://github.com/kobol-io/sys-oled.git

cd sys-oled

sudo ./install.sh
I get the following error message via SSH.

Installing luma.oled library error: externally-managed-environment × This environment is externally managed ╰─> To install Python packages system-wide, try apt install python3-xyz, where xyz is the package you are trying to install. If you wish to install a non-Debian-packaged Python package, create a virtual environment using python3 -m venv path/to/venv. Then use path/to/venv/bin/python and path/to/venv/bin/pip. Make sure you have python3-full installed. If you wish to install a non-Debian packaged Python application, it may be easiest to use pipx install xyz, which will manage a virtual environment for you. Make sure you have pipx installed. See /usr/share/doc/python3.11/README.venv for more information. note: If you believe this is a mistake, please contact your Python installation or OS distribution provider. You can override this, at the risk of breaking your Python installation or OS, by passing --break-system-packages. hint: See PEP 668 for the detailed specification. Installing sys-oled files 'etc/sys-oled.conf' -> '/etc/sys-oled.conf' 'bin/sys-oled' -> '/usr/local/bin/sys-oled' 'share/sys-oled/C&C Red Alert [INET].ttf' -> '/usr/local/share/sys-oled/C&C Red Alert [INET].ttf' 'share/sys-oled/helios4_logo.png' -> '/usr/local/share/sys-oled/helios4_logo.png' 'system/sys-oled.service' -> '/etc/systemd/system/sys-oled.service' Enabling sys-oled at startup

Does anyone have an Idea what to do?

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

The error message you received already contains instructions to Help resolve the issue. Please review the instructions provided in the error message and attempt the suggested solutions. I cannot assist further as I do not have the board or use the software you’re working with. If you have tried these steps and are still encountering issues, please provide specific details about what you have tried and the exact problem you’re facing.