How to clone image from NAND

1. With Allwinner Phoenix tools?

2. Manual (with a script) by using TAR and nand-part to recreate exact partitions on the target. Take a close look on my nand-install script to get a picture. If target doesn't boot you need to use Phoenix tools to recreate boot part. Phoenix tools doesn't do exactly that so you need to install just some image, repartition and format than unpack your system. 

PhoenixSuit = LiveSuit. I am not much familiar with it ... I only used it few times to flash an factory image.

If there is no backup option within, than you will need to write a simple script.

If you are satisfied with Armbian than you don't need to do anything special. When you are done with image customization, you install this image on many targets. They will be the same.

My tool will probably not work on other distributions. 

Yup, so far Im very satisfied with armbian, a very nice piece :) .

What Im just trying to achieve now is to clone my modification (with home automation scripts) in one of my cb20 and flash it to several more cb20.

Thanks for the info.

No problem with that. Just use my nand-install script which actually mirrors your SD card system to NAND and creates boot partition.

If you already made an NAND configuration and everything, mirror it back to SD with rsync and .... boot from SD on other board and run nand-install again ...