Bricked A95X

Ian Pat

So, i managed to .... my box A95X, S905X, 2GB/16GB,

I wrongly flashed to the internal the sd-card variant u-boot bin from the original firmware, on the serial console all i see is looping this message "EMMC:0;VEAD:0;CHK:AA;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:7"

Anyone can advice on what do to next (beside the obvious "buy another one") ?

Thank you.

Only one option - to close the contacts on the chip's internal memory, is to lock the bootloader on it and to give the opportunity to start either from SD card or via USB cable program the flasher.

Have you tried connecting the SD card with the loader on it, the output in the console changes ? You brought the full output of that goes to the console UART now ?

Yes, the message was the same line, only difference was in the LOOP number.

Meanwhile I managed to un-brick it with the USB Burning tool/male to male USB cable/original firmware (once plugged in it detected the device and i was able eventually to flash the original firmware). Was wondering... the fallback of shorting the pins of the eMMC makes sense, enforcing the boot to fallback to SD/USB and since i have the "feeling" i will soon need it... :), how can I identify what pins to short? Everywhere (and not so many places available) i read about this, there was only the generic "short pins" advice... but what pins? I know it will be device-specific, but in my case the eMMC (Samsung KLMAG2WEPD-B031) is soldered with ball pins, meaning none are visible, so what to short? An electrical diagram/schematic would bring light to this or how?

Congrats on your work, great stuff... maybe you should give me the 1-2-3 steps on how to make/install a custom linux (i want to make one from scratch, with minimal overhead) this way i won't brick it anyomore!

1. To obtain the desired numbers of contacts for circuit, need to see documentation for a specific model memory, or to search the Internet experience of other users on this model of TV Boxing.

2. The themes of s905\s912\s805\s812 is the description of how to use Linux. Or are you interested in how to collect the right version of the image with Linux ?