Install Armbian on Cubieboard2 eMMC

Ake

Hi.
I would like to install Armbian on Cubieboard2 with eMMC as internal storage and have faced some problems.

The first challenge was to make eMMC accessible, it was solved using .fex from cubieboard sdk for this revision (also tried cubieboard2dual.fex, but without any effect).

The second problem was behavior of nand-sata-install included in desktop image - it overwrite wrong root partition (external SD instead of eMMC), but it was also solved using latest version of nand-sata-install.

But after installation, system isn't booting from eMMC. Since root filesystem is successfully copied to eMMC, I think there is problem with bootloader. Is there any way to solve this problem?

6 minutes ago, zador.blood.stained said:

Most likely u-boot needs to be recompiled with CONFIG_MMC_SUNXI_SLOT_EXTRA=2 added to cubieboard2 defconfig

Could you tell where can I find manual/instructions for this procedure and further actions?

Thanks, it works.

But after booting from eMMC root filesystem is mounted read only and fstab settings is probably ignored. There are no relevant messages in syslog/dmesg except mount fails with status 32.