Orange Pi Pc + hangs or will not boot without hmdi

gullyg

Hi,

I have an Oracle PI PC+ which will not boot without the hdmi connected.  If you disconnect the hdmi once the board has booted it crashes or at least stops responding to ping/ssh over the ethernet.

I've used pretty much all the builds I can find on armbian.com including the nightly builds with don't show a display at all but still fail without the hdmi.  I've also tried booting from SD card and the emmc almong will messing with the /boot config files such as setting the console to serial and can't see anything interesting in the messages file.

It shouldn't be a power issue as I'm using an Anker 2.4a PSU but I've tried other PSUs as well with no luck.

Thanks

That is a bit strange ...

I did my own build for OrangePiPCPlus 2 days ago, and this build is running fine on my 4 boards which are all headless.

Did you attached an Debug USB-TTL to see what kind of errors occured ?

So after a bit of scouting about I've managed to get the OTG port to act as a serial connection using https://oshlab.com/enable-g_serial-usb-otg-console-orange-pi-armbian/

But
 this doesn't work either when attempting to boot without hdmi suggesting the kernel isn't getting very far - neither is there any network activity lights. 

Searching the internet it appears there were some ripi boards suffering this at out point as a bug but updating the firmware sorted the issue...

Unfortunately I seem to be "unique" with this issue.  Hopefully getting serial off the gpio ports will help but I'm not feeling it.