OPI 5 Ubuntu Noble Default Key Ring issue

Tony Cana
Go to solution Solved by SteeMan,

Ubuntu Noble had some early day issues with default key ring not being stored properly and or synced to the logged in user and users getting  popup prompts about the default keyring locked.

A week ago I downloaded Armbian Noble 25.5.2 desktop onto my OPi5. It has been my daily driver for the past week or so. It has been a really nice release for my OPi5.

All has been good except the default keyring popups. I have created new users, deleted stored keyrings, changed passwords among other things.

At this point I am able to store the default keyring password (which is the same as my login PW). However, when launching  chromium, and ProtonVPN, I am still getting a keyring login prompt when launching either one of these apps.

Looking at the Ubuntu Noble bug reports, it seems this was a Gnome issue that was fixed.

When doing an update it seems there are a couple of Gnome updates being held back because they are "phased".  Just wondering if  wondering if the keyring issue is addressed in these held back updates?

This is a minor annoyance. If the held  Gnome update contains a solution, I will stop looking for a solution and wait for the updates to be released.

Thanks

TC

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

While this may not be what you want to hear, this isn't an Armbian issue.  The userspace packages do not come from armbian, but come directly from the upstream provider and their servers - Ubuntu in your case.  So when Ubuntu releases those updates they will be available to you.