ethernet issues in IOT distro

IllSkillz
Go to solution Solved by Igor,

I believe that ethernet adaptor is not working properly because there's only one led blinking and its unable to receive ip address. I have tried to configure it with yaml files and manually with networkd and with static ip.

I also tried to run dhcp on that interface and it received random ip outside of my network. Had no luck with network-manager either, it threw an error "ip configuration could not be reserved"

With desktop image ethernet worked with no problem. So maybe there's a driver issue?

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

• Solution
2 hours ago, IllSkillz said:

maybe there's a driver issue?

Yes, most likely broken / incomplete driver. Desktop runs Network Manager and CLI / minimal systemd-networkd. If driver is not in a good state, this is how it could manifest. Possible workaround = build CLI server image which contain Network Manager. No warranty that it will work ...

Topic was moved from https://forum.armbian.com/forum/25-beginners/ as Armbian don't work with this vendor / hardware so its on you (& community) to resolve the problem. Or not. When you find out what is the problem, you are welcome to share it with everyone.