OPI Lite, Xenial Desktop 5.35. How to undo 'Switch to standard login manager'?

harry_q

Hi,

image-copied xenical desktop 5.35 img for my OrangePi Lite.

Everything went OK, but after enabling $ sudo armbian-config -> Switch to standard login manager, whenever I logout, SSHd, x11vncd stops. Pinging doesn't get answer from OrangePi Lite.

All I have to do is connect keyboard to OrangePI Lite USB port to type in the login password by hand. Then, everything comes up again.

Please help.

20 hours ago, Igor said:

As I understand you lost network connection when logging out?

Not sure. As I understand SSHd, X11VNCd and PINGd stop all together. Maybe you're right.

FYI, if I keep ssh session from the client, X11VNCd, PINGd and desktop logout-ed screen also keep alive so that I could connect to them again. That is, if I keep at least one of the above 4 connections(desktop login-ed screen), I can control the server remotely any time.

Edited by harry_q
to add 'desktop logout screen'

I did '$ sudo armbian-config -> Switch to standard login manager', and whenever I logout network demons die such SSH, x11VNC, ping, etc.

Worse than that, whenever I reboot or power up OPI Lite, this login manager waits for the keyboard input of password which can not be accessed via network. That is, you have to connect the physical keyboard to USB port on OPI lite to make the system to awake its network demons.

Please tell me how to undo 'switching to standard login manager'. Thank you.

(FYI, check : Desktop logout turns off SSH and x11vncd (OrangePi Lite, xenial desktop 5.35) - Allwinner H2 & H3 mainline - Armbian forum

)

I can't recreate this problem on a clean build. It works as expected, logout does not drop network connection. You can undo to standard login manager exactly on the same spot:

system -> nodm "Switch to simple auto login manager"

I test this on Debian Jessie desktop, will do this later on Xenial.

Checked on Xenial, wors fine too. One thing to mention - when you switch here and there you need to exit config and run again. I just fix upstream that this won't be needed in the future.