Armbian Bionic Uart ttyS1 not working

Hello :),

I have updated my system from "Armbian_5.35_Debian_jessie_3.4.113" to latest  "Armbian_5.53.180722_Orangepizero_Ubuntu_bionic_next_4.17.9".

With jessie there will only S0, S1, S2 displayed and Im Working with S1 (Uart1) and S2 (Uart2) from the 13 Pinheader.

With Bionic and also Stretch i got S0, S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7 and none of them is working.

So how can I access the Uart1 and Uart2 with the new Bionic build?

7 minutes ago, Stefan Anderson said:

So how can I access the Uart1 and Uart2 with the new Bionic build?

We don't know that :) You upgraded to unsupported/beta/development build, where things might not work at all. Try armbian-config -> system -> hardware and enable UARTs ... 

48 minutes ago, Stefan Anderson said:

Armbian_5.53.180722

It doesn't say stable anywhere, but there is a label "supported" while it should not be (fixing it) ... it said "nightly mainline kernel" and at login, you should saw many warnings that this is a test build ... anyway, it might work but rather use Debian Stretch based build with 4.14.y, first download link. 4.17.y is still in the oven ... not ready yet. Ubuntu Bionic is buggy by default/upstream, regardless of the kernel you start with. They (Canonical corporation) still need to fix many bugs. We wanted to ... but there are many of them and our resources are too tiny for such operation.

52 minutes ago, Igor said:

It doesn't say stable anywhere, but there is a label "supported" while it should not be (fixing it) ... it said "nightly mainline kernel" and at login, you should saw many warnings that this is a test build ...

@Igor I also see stretch (true) and bionic (false) labled as stable at the supported download page ( see picture )

Bionic_stable.jpg

12 minutes ago, guidol said:

I also see stretch (true) and bionic (false) labled as stable at the supported download page ( see picture )

True, I missed that. Thanks!

Well, this has to be completely changed. I'll disable this nightly until its solved.