4 4
olivluca

kodi on armbian?

Recommended Posts

(edited)

I think I found the perfect tv box, the MEECOOL KI Pro: it has integrated dvb-t2 and s2, supported by libreelec (and hopefully by armbian with a little work), WDYT?

The only problem is that coming from China I could incur some customs' fees (14€ VAT plus 20€ managing fee), but even100€ would be a good price (considering it has dvb-t2 and s2 integrated).

Edited by olivluca
mecool, not mecook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The slight problem with the meecool is that it's just one tuner, not two, i.e. it cannot tune at the same time a dvb-t and a dvb-s mux/transponder. Also it seems it cannot deliver the whole TS but it has to use hw pid filtering :(

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, olivluca said:

The slight problem with the meecool is that it's just one tuner, not two, i.e. it cannot tune at the same time a dvb-t and a dvb-s mux/transponder. Also it seems it cannot deliver the whole TS but it has to use hw pid filtering :(

 

 

there also was something by another manufacturer (magicsee) with the same s905d, maybe you are luckier with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt it, probably it has the same tuner and it has worse specs (ddr3 vs ddr4 in the mecool, 100mb ethernet vs 1Gb), see https://www.cnx-software.com/2017/11/14/magicsee-c300-is-a-70-dvb-t2c-dvb-s2-android-set-top-box-powered-by-amlogic-s905d-soc/

 

Edit: no, it's not the same tuner but it seems there's no linux driver for it: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/any-support-for-magicsee-c300-pro/837

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, olivluca said:

I doubt it, probably it has the same tuner and it has worse specs (ddr3 vs ddr4 in the mecool, 100mb ethernet vs 1Gb), see https://www.cnx-software.com/2017/11/14/magicsee-c300-is-a-70-dvb-t2c-dvb-s2-android-set-top-box-powered-by-amlogic-s905d-soc/

 

Edit: no, it's not the same tuner but it seems there's no linux driver for it: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/any-support-for-magicsee-c300-pro/837

There's also a bigger model (c400). This is exactly what I was talking about "no support from manufacturer" when dealing with tv boxes; you're on your own.

edit: BTW I see that c300 is a s905d devices, but your link points to some documentation about a s912 device, maybe they are not the same device

 

PS: for the chronicles, this could be interesting just to say I was in good faith when I was talking about H3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jock said:

PS: for the chronicles, this could be interesting just to say I was in good faith when I was talking about H3

 

I never thought you were in bad faith. Pity that my orange pi pc is in active use as my doorbell otherwise I could test it (though by reading the thread it seems there's still a lot of work to be done).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
4 4