Cubieboard A10 as torrent server problem

roel

Hello,

I used my cubieboard A10 to make a torrentserver with armbian.

I use armbian jessie with vanilla kernel.  The rootfs is on a 16gb sandisk sd-card, the download folder is on a sata ssd.

I connect through ssh.

When I start up the box everything runs as it should, but after approx. 5 minutes the connection drops with the cubieboard.  Transmission stops and the ssh-server stops.  When I then reboot, the torrents are gone and I have to reload them.  the data on the ssd is still there.

I tried already to limit the download speed to 2Mb/s but still the same.  What can be the problem?  I had a tl wr703n as a torrent box for a long time without a problem.  The cubie is more powerfull, but doesn't seem to handle the job.

The fact the rootfs is on the sd-card? The vanilla kernel?

Check /etc/fstab to get the idea why data on / is missing after a crash or power-off (commit interval = 600 seconds). And then you should use monitoring to get the idea why your Cubieboard shuts down.

According to this thread this torrent stuff seems to be CPU intensive so maybe your board overheat and the PMU shuts down. Or you run in undervoltage/undercurrent problems. Monitoring is easy and quickly installed: http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/155-testers-wanted-sunxi-adjustments-for-rpi-monitor/

Try the same operations with legacy kernel. Hardware wise it should go - I don't use SD card but hard drive and transmission works like charm, not eating much resources ... On A20, but that's not a problem. A10 is powerful enough.

And of course add some monitoring to see what's going on.

Hello,

guys thanks for answering.  It seems it was my powersupply that fails after a while.  It's a powersupply I already use for 1 year with my raspberry pi and an external harddrive.  I never had problems with it before.  Probably those powersupply's do wear also.  I tried it again with my Pi and the external harddrive, the Pi keeps on running, but the harddrive goes on and off.  

Now I use the powersupply of my MELE without any problems.  Never thought these powersupply's start to deliver less power due to wear (it wasn't one I bought in china).   

Probably those powersupply's do wear also.

Of course they do. +95% of all problems the distro is blamed for are related to insufficient power supply or SD cards or other hardware issues like dying hard drives and so on...