Hummingboard doesn't start after Kernel update

Guest cybertronic

Guest cybertronic

Hello,

after i tryed a Kernel update on my Hummingboard with Debian Jessie it doesnt start anymore.

Kernel updated with apt-get install

linux-image-next-cubox
linux-headers-next-cubox
linux-firmware-image-next-cubox

Thats what i get when i start my Hummingboard:

836b61-1459518514.png

and then no signal.

I tryed to unbrick my device like dicriped on the homepage "How to unbrick the System?"

I used this files:

linux-dtb-next-cubox_5.00_armhf.deb                linux-firmware-image-next-cubox_5.00_armhf.deb    linux-headers-next-cubox_5.00_armhf.deb           linux-image-next-cubox_5.00_armhf.deb  
linux-jessie-root-next-cubox-i_5.00_armhf.deb  
linux-u-boot-next-cubox-i_5.00_armhf.deb 

But no success, problem still exists.

What can i do?

Thanks

Ok so i cant use Kernel 4.x for my Hummingboard? Why is it listet in the download directory for the Hummingboard? And what ist the use of Kernel 4.x if there is no video output support?

So i have to go back to Kernel 3.x right? Can u tell mel please which files i need then?

I used my Hummingboard as server without an Display connected, so i dont need video output, but how else can i check what is going on on my Hummingboard?

Thanks

It's perfectly good for server scenarios. You can access via ssh or serial console.

Video out should be here soon.

Wrote on mobile phone

I installed the files for the 3.x Kernel but now im getting into the emergency mode, what can i do? And what i have done?

EDIT: Ok i had to uncomment my externel HDD from fstab. Now it boots normaly into Jessie.

Could this was the problem for Kernel 4.x version too?

thanks