nvh

OPi Zero LTS

Hello, is the new Orange pi Zero LTS supported by Armbian? It's the same chip and same stuff but they claim they have reduced the power consumption and lower the board’s temperature.

Do you think they have archived that by manipulating the hardware or by lowering the frequency and stuff via software?

Is there any schematic of the new board? I can't find much technical information

18 hours ago, Tido said:

did you already visit CNX it has more than one article and read the posts there?

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/8315-daily-tech-related-news-diet/?do=findComment&comment=84186

@tkaiser, mentions on CNX and in this forum about wrong circuit. It is unclear to me whether he means the internal design of the chip or the board.

Yes, I have read that 2 articles but there seems to be no technical information about how they managed to lower the temperature, just comments and guesses.

I hope the manufacturer will publish the new schematics or someone who bought the board could give more info

1 hour ago, nvh said:

just comments and guesses

OPi can only cook with water  and the guesses there, sound reasonable, but no game changer.

Why do you care so much about it?

2 hours ago, Tido said:

OPi can only cook with water  and the guesses there, sound reasonable, but no game changer.

Why do you care so much about it?

Yes probably they have achieved something by software and not that much anyway.

I was just curious if someone knew more