black screen mpv player

Sp0T

[ 2780.989007] [DISP] not supported image0 pixel sequence:64 in img_sw_para_to_reg is caused by a kernel bug.

You may take care, to not terminate the program by pressing CTRL-C multiple times. We use threads and may cancel them at a state, where display deinit is not finished. If so, displaying the video is tried every VBLANK but misses some parameters and therefore the massive log flood. I did not try to fix this bug, but try to cleanly terminate my programs to avoid this. Often only a reboot helps to get rid of them.

I'm not sure, if the other ones:

[ 2784.175464] [DISP] request scaler fail
[ 2784.178798] [DISP] request scaler layer fail!

are depending on that, but it's worth to get rid of the "pixel sequence" errors and post full dmesg and syslog again...

Do you have rights on /dev/disp btw.?

Regards

rellla

Hello,

I never terminated mpv or or other apps with CTRL+C.

I have rights for disp i checked twice.

Can server script.bin different from desktop? Maybe the problem is there.

I found someting in the script.bin

[disp_init]
disp_init_enable = 1
disp_mode = 4
screen0_output_type = 4  #This is the VGA mode according to sunxi fex guide
screen0_output_mode = 4  #720p50
screen1_output_type = 3  #This is the HDMI mode according to sunxi fex guide
screen1_output_mode = 5  #720p60
fb0_framebuffer_num = 2
fb0_format = 10
fb0_pixel_sequence = 1
fb0_scaler_mode_enable = 0
fb1_framebuffer_num = 2
fb1_format = 10
fb1_pixel_sequence = 0
fb1_scaler_mode_enable = 0

I use VGA mode now thru HDMI connection. so i modified them but it wont helped at all.

Search for it in menuconfig. Option is calles CONFIG_CMA=Y.

Regarding your script.bin, i never tested a configuration like this. If you only have one display connected via hdmi, it should be save to use sth like this:

[disp_init]
disp_init_enable = 1
disp_mode = 0

screen0_output_type = 3 ;HDMI
screen0_output_mode = 9 ;1080p50
screen1_output_type = 0
screen1_output_mode = 4

fb0_framebuffer_num = 2
fb0_format = 10
fb0_pixel_sequence = 0
fb0_scaler_mode_enable = 1

fb1_framebuffer_num = 2
fb1_format = 10
fb1_pixel_sequence = 0

With values used like described here http://linux-sunxi.org/Fex_Guide#disp_init_configuration

You can alternatively set your display output configuration with kernel parameter in boot.cmd: disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 as you have done already. This one should overwrite script.bin settings.

Hint: livdpau-sunxi output is hardcoded to screen0 and fb0 afaik <- Maybe THIS IS the issue!

Maybe you can try that as a last option. If you don't have success, we need to summarize your issue (for me :P) and begin once again, checking the logs etc.

Regards

rellla

It's working with the following setting:

-cedar_master(i don't try dev but i will)

[disp_init]
disp_init_enable = 1
disp_mode = 0

screen0_output_type = 3 ;HDMI
screen0_output_mode = 8 ;1080p24
screen1_output_type = 2
screen1_output_mode = 2

fb0_framebuffer_num = 2
fb0_format = 10
fb0_pixel_sequence = 0
fb0_scaler_mode_enable = 0

fb1_framebuffer_num = 2
fb1_format = 10
fb1_pixel_sequence = 0

Now the screen is flickering. It can be the low refresh rate which i'll test with other ones soon.

Update:

Flickering gone --> refresh rate to 1920x1080p60

dev working(only in fullscreen)

ToDo:

test vlc

test vdr(i have an usb stick dvb-t)

Thank you everyone who helped me.

Sum up the solution:

The original script.bin is configured wrong for hw video playback. 

Glad to hear. Do you see any difference between master and dev branch? Goal is to fix possible issues in dev branch and merge it into master.

In the end, your problem was very easy to solve ;)

Rellla

Yes. dev repo have better contrast, brightness. I'll try to play a full movie and monitor A20 temperature and CPU usage. What i found as issue is only a small one. When the video starts there is no screen at all but if you put it on full screen it's works fine. I'm still testing it and try to find the best config. there are some movies (like avi) where the color is mixed wrong(both dev and master).

Sp0T

Yes. dev repo have better contrast, brightness. I'll try to play a full movie and monitor A20 temperature and CPU usage. What i found as issue is only a small one. When the video starts there is no screen at all but if you put it on full screen it's works fine. I'm still testing it and try to find the best config. there are some movies (like avi) where the color is mixed wrong(both dev and master).

Sp0T

With this note about better contrast and brightness, you make me wanna try dev again on my Lamobo :). But with my way of doing things, this mean half a day compilations. What i found on H3 as an issue with framebuffer version of Mali driver - when i start players directly in fullscreen there are no black borders, only transparent. I have to switch to windowed and fullscreen again for borders to become black.

About color issue (with avi movies mostly), it's not vdpau, but player/mpv issue. In mplayer, the same movies looks ok and strange thing is - when i add mpv as player in smplayer, the same videos plays fine too.

Mali has nothing to do with libvdpau-sunxi.

The issue with not showing up the video on the first start, this seems to be a real issue in dev branch due to missing initialization. I will look into that.

rellla

...What i found on H3 as an issue with framebuffer version of Mali driver - when i start players directly in fullscreen there are no black borders, only transparent. I have to switch to windowed and fullscreen again for borders to become black...

Same issue with dev on A20. Also i found out another thing. MPV sometimes fail to decode movie. I'll upload images compared dev and master here

Compare dev vs master:

Cedar-Master:

DSC_0004_1.jpg

Cedar-dev:

DSC_0005_1.jpg

Also i noticed if you force fps to 24 the image quality is better. Maybe it1s my monitor or mpv but the colors are not good. I'll try vlc tomorrow.

Compare dev vs master:

Cedar-Master:

DSC_0004_1.jpg

Cedar-dev:

DSC_0005_1.jpg

Also i noticed if you force fps to 24 the image quality is better. Maybe it1s my monitor or mpv but the colors are not good. I'll try vlc tomorrow.

You are using the same trailer, as i do :). Sorry for oftopic. But the colors are ok in my case. As you mention vlc, do you have some workable recipe for compilation with vdpau support? I succeeded only once, but recently i always fail with this:

Makefile:8801: recipe for target 'codec/avcodec/libswscale_plugin_la-chroma.lo' failed

or this (after libtool-bin):

./libavutil/arm/intmath.h:77:5: error: impossible constraint in 'asm'
common.mak:60: recipe for target 'libavformat/flacenc.o' failed
make: *** [libavformat/flacenc.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
ERROR: Building ffmpeg failed

error.

@Igor

The main problem was when you tried to play a video with the Orange Pi/Orange Pi Mini A20 boards the screen was black. It's caused by the default script.bin configuration. After I changed the settings the HW accelerated video playback worked.

Regrads,

Sp0T