USB Audio server issues?

MarkA007

Igor,

Firstly, many thanks for some fantastic work....

I use your images for Audio streaming via USB. I have a cambridge Audio DAC sitting on the USB port and it works 99% flawlessly, even at 192k/24bit with only the occasional pop etc.

I've noticed though that after a while, the "server" starts to have problems and the browsing of server stops working, with unused devices disappearing. A reboot is the only way to resolve.

I've also noticed a possible memory leak and with a bit of googling, I see there's a problem with..
"Kernels versions 2.6.25 through 2.6.28.8 have a bug in USB EHCI controller driver that leads to large memory leaks with isochronous devices like webcams or audio devices."

I do know that DACs use isochronous as other usb sharing devices I have it simply dosn't work.

Question, does your version of 3.4.107-cubietruck have this issue as it would then provide an answer to some of the problems.

I must admit, I'm quite adept at configuring things, but when it comes to pathces and re-compliling, I get a bit lost as what extactly I need to do to bring in a change.

your latest version v3.9 / 11.6.2015 dosen't include usb sharing, do you have any plans to re-include this in the future?

btw, Sloveina.. Lovely loverly country, we stayed in Bled for a couple of weeks, we will be going back!

Best Regards

MarkA

your latest version v3.9 / 11.6.2015 dosen't include usb sharing, do you have any plans to re-include this in the future?

USB sharing is temporally not compiling on kernel 4.x ... on kernel 3.4.x it's working normally. I notified the author. If there is no driver on the image it means I forgot (it happens) to enable it during compilation and you need to compile yourself. It's easy.

Our kernel is (rock) stable. There were some stability issues in some 3.4.107 builds but that was single event and actually linked to U-boot (i think). Latest 3.4.108 (and 4.x) kernel are stable. I just finished two weeks burn in stress test and all three boards (Lime, Cubietruck and Banana) were stable.

I don't have any info about bugs or memory leak among USB EHCI controller.

BTW.

Thanks. When you come to Slovenia next time, give me a visit ;)