Random Reboot approx all 48hours

Schnalli

Hello, i'm experiencing random reboots on my RockPi 4b. I firstly recognoized this when my Squid Proxy Server was not working anymore because it had no permissions to its var/log/squid directory.

What i saw (lsblk) that /var/log/ is only of a size of 50mb. Will that be the cause for the reboots? Does the system crash when the logs are full?

My System is a Rock Pi 4b with 32gb emmc storage.

Debian Stretch with Armbian Linux 4.4.192-rockchip64 Armbian Release 5.90 (i dont know how to change to the next version as armbian-config does not provide the switch to next button)

Output or Armbianmonitor -u

http://ix.io/22oZ

24 minutes ago, Schnalli said:

Will that be the cause for the reboots?

Support for Rockpi / Rockhip64 is buggy ... well, you can try alternative kernel 5.3.y if behaves better for your case and replace PSU. For start.

26 minutes ago, Schnalli said:

i dont know how to change to the next version as armbian-config does not provide the switch to next button

Are you perhaps using some APT mirror and not main apt.armbian.com ? In this case you only need to wait a while that repository gets populated and try again. Or change to apt.armbian.com

I found out that the Logrotate to /var/log.hdd/squid was not working due to incorrect permissions. After 1-2 Days the 50 mb ram partition was full and the system might restarted then.

I just fixed (i hope so) the problem by removing the /var/log.hdd/squid folder and resetting the permissions of /var/log/squid to proxy:proxy

but when i now force a log rotation i cannot find the squid folder within /var/log.hdd/ - i thought this will get recreated then?