OMV5 not working on M4V2 with Kernel 4 or 5

Stuart

I've just downloaded the latest Armbian Buster image with kernel 5.  I have installed OMV via the Softy solution as well as manually via https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/25062-Install-OMV5-on-Debian-10-Buster/#codeLine_2_c9c4c4 which has worked previously.  After the install the we bserver loads the default Nginx page, however after a reboot nothing works.

Any thoughts?

I'm about to try kernel 4

The same thing happens on Kernel 4.  I'm wondering if there was an OMV update that broke the install...

32 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Any thoughts?

Kernel (and hardware) is irrelevant ... which you already discovered. Someone from OMV should try to take over maintaining install scripts since Thomas is apparently not doing it anymore ... but it looks like the problem is default OMV install or with some upstream packages. Don't know, just guessing. Perhaps Debian Stretch + OMV4 is still a better way?

Thanks for the tip.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:48 PM, Igor said:

Someone from OMV should try to take over maintaining install scripts since Thomas is apparently not doing it anymore

The truth is quite brutal ... In fact, after Thomas leaves almost no one deals with OMV in the context of ARM. Volker Theile has never been interested in ARM, his focus is only on x86. There is Aaron Murray but he is not officially a dev. He deals with omv extras and generally helps but ... When Thomas left Aron promised that images for all ARM sbc would be built and it ended with just that.... "The pre-install images have been deprecated in favor of using this guide -"

https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install

And as for Thomas Kaiser, he left omv on Jul 26th 2019, like many other places...