Armbian build - DTS selection

jgauthier

Greetings,

I've been building an image for a banana pi m2-zero.  I noticed during the build that the following DTS is chosen: sun8i-h3-orangepi-zero-plus2.dt

There is a sun8i-h2-plus-bananapi-m2-zero.dts in the same directory, that I think would be more relevant.  How can I choose this DTS instead?

Keep in mind, that I don't know very much about DTS.  As my Linux experience is specific to PC hardware and Raspberry Pis.

That said, my terminology/understanding my not be accurate.

When the kernel (or uboot?) portion of the build takes place a DTS file is chosen.  This appears to be sun8i-h3-orangepi-zero-plus2.dt from the compile logs.

I would have suspected it to be sun8i-h2-plus-bananapi-m2-zero.dts

Since my board is a bananapi m2 zero.

I am not sure what the actual issue is. When you build a bootable image for the Bananipi M2 zero does it boot as expected?

This SBC is handled as a part of the sunxi family and you might notice that there are many more device tree blobs under /boot/dtb.

19 hours ago, Werner said:

I am not sure what the actual issue is. When you build a bootable image for the Bananipi M2 zero does it boot as expected?

This SBC is handled as a part of the sunxi family and you might notice that there are many more device tree blobs under /boot/dtb.

Ok, it was an understanding issue.  Thank you!