rockpi 4: headphones not working

Peru Riezu

Hello, I have a rockpi4 whit armbian 20.08.0-trunk.68 nightly (based on debian buster), I have managed to configure all the system whit out problems and I will admit it's of my liking, but there is a problem I cannot solve whit the headphones. So, the headphone port is detected by pulseaudio, once the hdmi audio is turned off in the configuration the software indicates that the sound is being outputted through the headphones, but it is not, not even garbage sound comes out. I have also tried vanilla debian in the board and the headphones worked perfectly, but whit debian some garbage sound came out even when there was nothing reproducing, witch makes me suspect the headphone port is detected but disabled.

If someone has any ideas about how to fix this I would appreciate very much, thank you in advance.

eidt: as it was suggested i installed the Armbian version based on Ubuntu whit the kernel 4.4, this solved the problem and does not appear to cause any others, thanks to Igor for the help.

-Peru

Edited by Peru Riezu
why tf is there a one post per day limit?

1 hour ago, Peru Riezu said:

If someone has any ideas about how to fix this

Use stable images from the download section. Nightly test images are test images and comes without any end user support. Things you are asking are most likely not developed / ported yet.

1 hour ago, Peru Riezu said:

I have also tried vanilla debian

There is no vanilla Debian for this board. Its just board maker "Debian" with their development kernel 4.4.y There sound on headphones probably work.