What should be in my .GNUPG directory?

busterrr3x
Go to solution Solved by busterrr3x,

QUESTION:  I downloaded the BUSTER image (19.11.6 / 5.4.8) .img. In my .GNUPG directory, there is only an empty 'private keys' directory. Is this supposed to be like this or should there be 2 'text' documents next to the 'private keys' directory?

One of my former buster downloads from a year ago or so, I know there were 2 simple text documents in the .gnupg directory. I am trying to learn how to send an encrypted message using gpg, but haven't been successful, yet. I was thinking that maybe there is a problem with my .gnupg directory and this is why I'm running into a snag with it.

Thank you. 

Edited by Werner
Add prefix

In other words, when you download this image/iso, what is in your .GNUPG directory (if you wouldn't mind downloading it to see)? 

https://archive.armbian.com/orangepiplus2e/archive/Armbian_19.11.6_Orangepiplus2e_buster_current_5.4.8_desktop.7z

I have done it on my end. This is from the archived os'. I would check the checksum but I can't find them for these archives. 

Thanks. 

Edited by busterrr3x
add url

• Solution

Thanks anyway, I found the checksum and since the checksum was good, I will install and see what is in the .gnupg directory. I am surprised by what is in this install that I am writing from, as the private keys directory is completely empty. I know that after I make a keypair that they will exist there, but I thought there should be 2 plain text documents there also before making the keypair, so I was trying to make sure. 

HOW DO I MARK SOLVED?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.