TV Stick X96S with Amlogic S905Y2

golinux

I want use linux for a light web server on a very small cheap tv box.

I am looking to buy a TV STICK, because it is very small, and also I do not need LAN, but only wifi.

I saw that the TV Stick X96S with Amlogic S905Y2 have the most powerful cpu.

I can install linux on it?

The TV stick have the physical hard reset button to update the firmware.

https://androidpctv.com/x96s-tvstick-amlogic-s905y2/

P.S.

If you know other tv stick or very small tv box with powerful CPU under 50€ tell me.

You should take into account that, when it is about running linux on a TV box, wifi is one of the trickiest features to make work properly, if not the worst of all. I recommend you to get a TV box with ethernet connection instead, especially if you are going to use it as a web server.

I am personally using HK1 Max, with Rockchip RK3328, with very good results for light use. Anything with Amlogic S905-variants will be fine too.

I would like to second JMCC's response.  You posted this question in the "Armbian TV" forum.  Armbian TV is an unsupported fork of Armbian for Android TV boxes developed by balbes150.  As of last month balbes150 no longer supports Amlogic cpus (like your s905y2).  So you are looking at a hardware device that is doubly unsupported.  Also, wifi is tricky and often will not work under these builds.  For example of the 6 boxes I have, wifi only works on one of them.  If you want to go down this route, I would strongly recommend using a box that has wired ethernet and that you find well supported in these threads by community members.  If you want something supported you should look at one of the supported SBC's on the main armbian website.

Ha!  SteeMan type faster than me.  :D

I agree with all that was said in both posts above, and strongly urge you to consider advice of experienced forum members and devs (which JMCC is).  Otherwise you may end up having a bad time.

In addition, OP did not explicitly state one way or the other if they actually even care about watching TV or not (even though that might be assumed from wanting a TV box)?

If you don't care about TV (or maybe even if you do!) I can only highly recommend something from Armbian official Supported Devices list.  There you will have a much better time, in general, but specifically if you are trying to run any sort of "server."

I run a couple "servers" and they have been flawless for years but I stick to Recommended Devices and Armbian Stable only.