Building Adventures: Arch Linux on RK3229

Clonazepunk

Yo guys 

Recently I've aventured myself into building and installing Arch Linux ARM on my RK3229 MXQ 4K box. It works! 

Running mainline kernel and U-Boot!

Does anyone else tried it or want to? 

I'm thinking about writing a walkthrough or kinda. 

This is my first topic here in the forum

Thanks for reading this! :) 

@Clonazepunk Welcome to armbian.  I was just reading your recent posts and it sounds like you have some good technical skills and a desire to help others.  A combination that is in limited supply.  As you are new to armbian, if there is anything I can do to help your learning curve please reach out to me.  The TV Box community needs people like you willing to help others.  It seems that you have an interest in both rockchip and allwinner TV boxes.  While Jock and other provide great support for rockchip there really isn't anyone currently supporting allwinner.  So if you are looking for a challenge... :)

Again if you have any questions for me please reach out to me either in the forums or through PM.

HI! @SteeMan

I work with development for ARM-based products 

The Armbian community helped me a lot with my beginning in this area. That's why I want to help others as well 

So, I'm waiting for my order to arrive. It's two boxes with both Allwinner processors (H3 and H6)

And yeah! I accept the challenge :D

I'll have more material to share soon 

thank you!

Most of my TV boxes are amlogic based.  I just bought an H6 box but haven't had time to do much with it other than to boot an armbian build on it.  Armbian booted on the box but networking didn't work, so I need to find some time to look into that when I get a chance.  I may be reaching out to you once you get your allwinner boxes up and running :)

11 hours ago, SteeMan said:

since these forums are for armbian, it wouldn't be an appropriate location for an arch Linux discussion

Feel free to leave a link though ;)