Do any of the RockPro64 Armbian builds support LSI 9211-4i HBA PCIe board

iopsperwatt

I am trying to migrate the two RockPro64 NAS's i have running the last Ayufan Community buster 9.14 minimum build from 2019 to a currently supported and maintained Armbian build.  My current builds have become unstable and don't allow for any updates.

The Armbian Buster 4.4.y build boots on my RockPro64 when the LSI 9211-4i board is not installed but does not boot when the board is installed. No error log to send.  I also tried the Buster 5.10.60 image - no love.

The ayufan buster minumum and OMV 9.14 builds boot and install the drivers (mpt2sas and mpt3sas?) for the 9211 and it supports the 4x PCIe and multiple drives well.  I'm not sure whether other linux drivers or files are required.  Are these PCIe drivers included in the current Armbian builds?  Is there some other step I need to execute?

If not, can I add these drivers from the command line or can they be added to a new build?

I'd be happy to help with testing.

Thanks in advance.

Board: Rock64

I am not familiar with that hardware, maybe you need to add some kernel module or install some driver package?

Almost all packages (except some low level ones specific to ARM stuff like boot and kernel) come from upstream Debian anyway.

As for building, yes sure, in fact Armbian is actually a build system after all.  We just happen to publish some pre-built images (which are the product of the build system).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.