Tinker Board 2s - DisplayPort over USB-C Not Working

system76

Hello, I've been just started using Armbian on my Tinker Board 2s and i'm facing problem that i dont get any output on my acer portable monitor using usb type - c. But when i use tinker os i get output on my acer portable monitor. Please help

Edited by system76

• system76 changed the title to Tinker Board 2s - DisplayPort over USB-C Not Working
33 minutes ago, system76 said:

But when i use tinker os i get output on my acer portable monitor.

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_FAQ/#why-does-hardware-feature-xy-work-in-old-kernel-but-not-in-more-recent-one

33 minutes ago, system76 said:

Please help

Contact ASUS. This is their duty and expense to cover. Or yours.

Our build system will save you few weeks so welcome to make a donation. It is very expensive to keep it maintained.
https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/

When you are done, by you or by people you will be hiring to solve this problem for you, share a patch with others. Armbian does not need this to function. You do.

I've had trouble supporting this board, a lot of "s" variant boards in particular do not like to boot using mainline ATF. The only reason there are mainline images is because I created a device tree/got a supply driver/etc.  The DP over type C should work provided the device tree is updated, you can find examples on several other RK3399 boards we support.