ORANGE PI PLUS - fully working.

Jean-Philippe Theroux

Yes, they seems to be correct, but still resolutions at the end for 1280x1024 monitor seems off. Can you check which supported resolutions are reported if you connect it throug HDMI adapter and which when you connect directly. It seems that VGA converter adds additional info, which is not correctly formed. I guess that xrandr should report all of them.

When I connected DVI -> HDMI-VGA converter -> VGA monitor, it resulted in "Unsupported resolution" BTW.

Same monitor reports these supported modes when connected directly to another PC:

720 X  400   70 Hz
 640 X  480   60 Hz
 640 X  480   75 Hz
 800 X  600   60 Hz
 800 X  600   75 Hz
1024 X  768   60 Hz
1024 X  768   70 Hz
1024 X  768   75 Hz
1280 X 1024   60 Hz
1280 X 1024   75 Hz

What about boot screen? Does it have right proportions, e.g. nicely centered? Can you also please check which resolution is reported in "System Info" in Kodi?

No, boot logo was shifted to the right. Not sure about proportions, if you replace it with some squares or a mesh, it would be easier to tell that square turns into a rectangle.

I'm not sure I can navigate Kodi with this resolution/quality, I never used it before. If you don't make a new image, I'll try to do this on TV where output should at least have the right proportions.

Edit: Kodi reports 1280x1024@60Hz (on this monitor)

No need, boot logo is great indicator if everything is fine. Kodi needs some additional code to get screen width and height, which may be wrong. Maybe I used wrong term - proportions is not the right word, because image should stretch to full screen. I meant if it looks ok.

Last request before I dive into the code again. Please upload kodi log located at /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

No need, boot logo is great indicator if everything is fine. Kodi needs some additional code to get screen width and height, which may be wrong. Maybe I used wrong term - proportions is not the right word, because image should stretch to full screen. I meant if it looks ok.

I mean boot logo seems to have correct or close to correct proportions (doesn't look stretched vertically or horizontally), but it is touching the right screen border (I can make a photo if you need it), while Kodi interface is touching the left border.

Kodi logs uploaded.

I mean boot logo seems to have correct or close to correct proportions (doesn't look stretched vertically or horizontally), but it is touching the right screen border (I can make a photo if you need it)

Please do.

Image quality in Kodi is better than previously, but boot logo is displayed in the right part of the screen and Kodi is displayed in the left part (same as before)

Dmesg log uploaded

Edit: Quickly tested on 720p, and it looks like center of the boot logo is exactly close to the bottom right corner of the screen

only thing interface is greyed in guvcview and i load manually gc2035 camera driver and vie_v4l2

Fixed, the Gui Gtk3 starts correctly with any available win sizes for the sensor and you can change resolutions on the fly,  seems now much more usable, please, recompile it and try: https://github.com/avafinger/guvcview

to load the driver automagically, add the two lines in the /etc/modules

OpenELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/disp/disp/attr/sys

screen 0:

hdmi output mode(255) fps:55.5 1280x1024

under_flow:0 skip:0 irq:7725

BUF enable ch[1] lyr[0] z[0] prem[N] a[globl 255] fmt[ 0] fb[1920,1080;1920,1080;1920,1080] crop[ 0,1080,1920,1080] frame[ 0, 0,1280,1024] addr[50200000, 0, 0] flags[0x 0] trd[0,0]

acquire: 0, 25.5 fps

release: 0, 25.5 fps

display: 0, 25.5 fps

OpenELEC:~ # fbset

mode "1920x1080-0"

# D: 0.000 MHz, H: 0.000 kHz, V: 0.000 Hz

geometry 1920 1080 1920 2160 32

timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

accel false

rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,8/24

endmode

OpenELEC:~ #

Please test this: https://transfer.sh/CBnwJ/openelec-h3.arm-7.0-devel-20161025231458-r23111-g2d8f6bd-opipc.img.gz

It should work, except boot logo will be funny. I guess that boot logo reads out old informations... Anyway, this video driver is so bloated, that I will probably lose interest for some time (I will commit changes to github before that). I think it is much better to invest all this time to mainline kernel or U-Boot.

ok, systemd can't load CEC driver, which is not included in this test image. Shutdown in Kodi is actually sleep, which might be related to hacked display driver or if you have USB hub connected with additional devices. So nothing out of the ordinary. Sleep works ok on normal image (apart this usb hub issue).

Do you see any interest to use such feature on Armbian? I mean edid modes.

ok, systemd can't load CEC driver, which is not included in this test image. Shutdown in Kodi is actually sleep, which might be related to hacked display driver or if you have USB hub connected with additional devices. So nothing out of the ordinary. Sleep works ok on normal image (apart this usb hub issue).

No hubs, only Logitech Unifying receiver, which is a composite device emulating a keyboard and a mouse (or 2 mice, don't remember if old mouse is still paired with this receiver). You can find it in my old dmesg logs, and there was no issues with it in previous images.

Do you see any interest to use such feature on Armbian? I mean edid modes.

Yes. And maybe it will work on Pine64 too, if disp2 driver there doesn't have too much differences.

Just to be sure, does this automatically add support for any exotic resolutions (supported by hardware), or still limited to predefined ones in the driver?