Cubietruck with Debian jessie 4.0.4 dont boot up

Marv21

Hello readers,

i just tried out the new jessie with 4.0.4. But after start it stops @:

----

Welcome to Debian GNU/LINUX 8 (jessie)!

[TIME] Timed out waiting for device dev-ttyS0.device.

[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Serial Getty on ttyS0.

-----

What am I doing wrong ? Also no LED´s a flickering.

Thank you for advice

This is known problem for v3.7 ... I double checked the new compilation and I'll do it again during a day.

Don't know exactly what was the problem but it was Debian problem. I only rebuild the root-fs and troubles gone away.

If you were compiling by yourself make sure you delete output/rootfs/jessie-rootfs.tgz ... cached filesystem.

This is known problem for v3.7 ... I double checked the new compilation and I'll do it again during a day.

Don't know exactly what was the problem but it was Debian problem. I only rebuild the root-fs and troubles gone away.

If you were compiling by yourself make sure you delete output/rootfs/jessie-rootfs.tgz ... cached filesystem.

Nope i just took the yellow big button with "21.5.2015, 4.0.4" on it. And wrote the File downloaded directly on SDCard (with Imagewriter). Nothing else :) But Thank you, i will wait for 3.8.2 or 3.9 or or :D

This is strange.

I downloaded Jessie from my download site, v3.8 with kernel 4.0.4.

• boots fine. You need to wait until it reboots. It is doing ssh key creation and apt-update so it takes some time, up to few minutes
  • this applies only to Jessie: during this time you can't login.

BTW: wireless AP mode works out of the box - you only need to use /etc/network/interfaces.hostapd and run hostapd /etc/hostapd.conf

This is strange.

I downloaded Jessie from my download site, v3.8 with kernel 4.0.4.

• boots fine. You need to wait until it reboots. It is doing ssh key creation and apt-update so it takes some time, up to few minutes
  • this applies only to Jessie: during this time you can't login.

BTW: wireless AP mode works out of the box - you only need to use /etc/network/interfaces.hostapd and run hostapd /etc/hostapd.conf

I redownloaded everything "Cubietruck_Debian_3.8_jessie_4.0.4" , format the SD Card and wrote it again. But when it starts it always end in this screen. I waited now for 2 hours to be save. I just want to run a LXCCU and USBDirector on the Cubietruck :)

USB redirector fails to compile on 4.0.4 anyway, Debian Jessie is still problematic.

If you want a full featured working system stick to Wheezy and kernel 3.4.107

p.s.

I tested Jessie 4.0.4 installation many times and it works. I haven't try to first boot without a network but that shouldn't make any difference.

Hardware wise there are two versions of Cubietruck A/B but that also should not affect on this level. No idea why it doesn't boot properly. Good power supply?

USB redirector fails to compile on 4.0.4 anyway, Debian Jessie is still problematic.

p.s.

I tested Jessie 4.0.4 installation many times and it works. I haven't try to first boot without a network but that shouldn't make any difference.

Hardware wise there are two versions of Cubietruck A/B but that also should not affect on this level. No idea why it doesn't boot properly. Good power supply?

Oh ok, then i wll stay on 3.4 Wheezy. Yeah 3 Amps Power Supply, no Problems with Wheezy. Only Keyboard, HMDI and Ethernet connected. (SD Card of course too). CT Version 1.0 0606 .

Hello readers,

i just tried out the new jessie with 4.0.4. But after start it stops @:

----

Welcome to Debian GNU/LINUX 8 (jessie)!

[TIME] Timed out waiting for device dev-ttyS0.device.

[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Serial Getty on ttyS0.

-----

What am I doing wrong ? Also no LED´s a flickering.

Thank you for advice

I finally get into this error :) Reset doesn't help. Power on/off and it boots o.k.

Strange systemd / Jessie problem ? 

I finally get into this error :) Reset doesn't help. Power on/off and it boots o.k.

Strange systemd / Jessie problem ? 

Yeah, that fixed it. I only turned it off with the power button, never disconnect the battery and power supply. After that he run the first run script and after reboots everthing is fine. Unfortunaly no usb redirector ;)

p.s.

Soory Igor, but it seems USBredirector is missing on 3.8 ?

Soory Igor, but it seems USBredirector is missing on 3.8 ?

Yes, building is failing within kernel 4.x ... If you need this, stay on older version and wait for fix / update ... or help us fixing :), ping USB redirector support,... I'll do that eventually but currently it's not under my urgent nor important tasks.

Yes, building is failing within kernel 4.x ... If you need this, stay on older version and wait for fix / update ... or help us fixing :), ping USB redirector support,... I'll do that eventually but currently it's not under my urgent nor important tasks.

Sry but iam on  3.4.107 Wheezy. On Version 3.7 there was USB Redirector in there :/