Beginner needs help with SSH/VNC/remote access

Hi, I have a T95 mini TV box that had an Allwinner H6 cpu. I know that basically there's no further/current development for these boxes but I think my problem is solvable.

Basically I have my armbian os installed and I have internet access, but I can't access the box via any remote access methods like SSH or VNC.

I have checked the armbian-config and it says SSH is enabled. I even verified that it's running on port 22 and it's active, but no matter what I try, I can't access it with my laptop running Windows 11.

I have set up a static IP address in my router for the box, based off the MAC address, and I even set a static IP in the armbian os itself to mirror the one on the router.... None of it works.

Please, somebody help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Ah mate, I'm a fuckin gobshite. Someone else recommended that I set a static IP in my laptop as well as the pi box, then connect them via ethernet and see what happens..... Well that worked!

So perplexed and realising that the problem was now the router, 8 then called my ISP and spent 30 minutes of my life that I'll never get back, doing what the rep asked. I explained to her that I had performed a hard reset on the router 2 days ago (which is when the problem started) so I doubt it's as simple as rebooting the devices. 

Turns out, I'm the fool that forgot to reboot the damned modem when I reset the router in order to give fresh connection to both. I restarted the modern and router and hey presto, I could connect immediately.

I felt like a dope after that, but at least I got the problem solved. Next time, I'll RTFM before I go looking for help 🤣