Orange Pi Zero 2 H616 Images

jbolger

Hi team,

There are no current images for Orange Pi Zero 2 at https://www.armbian.com/cf7stdb-entries/orange-pi-zero-2/

The Zero image does not work. I did manage to find an archived legacy image based on some posts from 2022 however nothing on the new kernel works.

My question is this: Is there a reason why these devices require unique builds? I understand the kernel drivers may not be in 6.x for this board however I'm more referring to the huge number of builds that need to be supported.

Thanks,

Jason

7 hours ago, jbolger said:

There are no current images for Orange Pi Zero 2 at

I disable them since I got tired of listening how it doesn't work. Yes, images for this hardware are broken, but we can't fix them without significant investment of our most precious resources - time - which is very limited. We have nowhere to take from and we can't hire a person to fix this for you as by providing you this we only generate loss.

(i made a link to archived versions now, but don't know what is the status and if upgrade will be survivable)

nothing on the new kernel works.

It works enough for running  a simple server.

Is there a reason why these devices require unique builds?

Yes. Most of those boards does not have universal way of booting (UEFI). And those who does also need a separate boot loader to be shipped with. Which someone needs to maintain and you need to install it by hand ... which still adds another layer of troubles. Bringing boards to standards is yet another expensive project within this project. Remember that you are not financing this, things go super slow. Sometimes they stop for some time, for a years, forever ...

huge number of builds that need to be supported.

That is automatic so its relatively cheap operation. 

Images doesn't work because build mechanism for single one is broken. Once one works, all works. One single day of maintaining hardware costs us more then we are asking from you to help us fund new build server. Which will help us saving some time. Which should be in your best interest ... and this is something impossible to communicate.

23.03.2023 в 14:57, Igor сказал:

Images doesn't work because build mechanism for single one is broken. Once one works, all works. One single day of maintaining hardware costs us more then we are asking from you to help us fund new build server. Which will help us saving some time. Which should be in your best interest ... and this is something impossible to communicate.

Do you accept donations from Russian systems? Visa/mastercard or stripe just don't work for us

Those images are not working as https://armbian.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1107

You can just observe guy was talking about "this image Armbian_22.02.1_Orangepizero2_focal_edge_5.16.11.img"

but:

Igor Pecovnik 7 marca 2022 18:09

Fixed. Tested bullseye and focal http://ix.io/3RBQ

and under http://ix.io/3RBQ

### Activated 1 lzo zram swap devices with 482 MB each

### Activated Armbian ramlog partition with lz4 compression

### Activated lzo compressed /tmp

Mon 07 Mar 2022 03:04:22 PM UTC | Orange Pi Zero2 | 22.02.0-trunk.0046 | arm64 | aarch64 | 4.9.255-sun50iw9

### dmesg:

[    0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0
[    0.000000] Linux version 4.9.255-sun50iw9 (root@ed183ed5d21a) (gcc version 8.3.0 (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 8.3-2019.03 (arm-rel-8.36)) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 1 23:28:34 UTC 2022

Do you see a problem here ?